Another eBay Treasure

Todays mail brought me another treasure from eBay.

I don’t know the pattern name but it is close to a lone star.

I always know when the mail carrier is here because Teddy the watch dog is very vigilant!   Barking at the Mail carrier is his Job. When there is a package he won’t rest until I open it up and let him see what it is…he needs to determine if it is something good for him or not and of course spend some time sniffing before he approves.

Is it going to be ok Teddy?  Teddy says yes.

It is a big top, It measures 88″ x 105″.  There is a lot of room for hand quilting!  I will need to spend some time deciding on a quilting pattern. This one is exciting me and I can not wait to start….I think it needs a blue binding to match the darker blue in the center, and perhaps even dark blue for the backing.

I can’t get very close on the age of the top…I think 70′s?  It is all machine stitched and the fabric is a cotton poly blend (the print is all cotton).  Not and antique but vintage.

I am making progress on the Japanese fan variation quilt.  I have 40 blocks had quilted.

No matter how many quilts I make I am still always amazed at how the quilting changes the look.  The quilting makes the quilt.

Yesterday I got a new cutting mat!  A nice big one…36″ x 59″

The large mat will be an incentive to put away all the “extra” stuff on the table…I need almost the entire table to fit the mat.

Back to work today on the fan quilt….I am anxious to finish it so I can start the big star!

I also updated my Quilt Gallery

10 thoughts on “Another eBay Treasure

1. antarabesque says:

Very striking. Does the poly blend make quilting more difficult?

The poly blend fabric is different but I would not say harder to quilt….if you look at the quilting that I have as my background image now…the feather in the circle…that is a poly blend fabric. it is a bit tighter weave and I find that I need to replace nedles more often (they dull and bend more frequently) but it is not a big problem

Awesome quilt! Obviously you spend too much time looking for quilts on ebay and I don’t! :) I can’t wait to see how you quilt that one!

Two paws up! Whoah, at a killer price. Interesting version of Lone Star – the scale between the three center stars and the outer is kind of mod-ish. Very cool.

4. Martyne says:

Oh what a beautiful star! They are a big favorite of mine. I can’t wait to see the quilt design you chose Tim.

5. Cathi says:

What a find! I love the look of that design. Can’t wait to see how you decide to quilt it!

Comments