Rain!!!

Lansing MI has been so dry for so long that I thought it would never rain again.  Thursday it started and finished up this afternoon…the best kind of rain….long and gentle.  The result is more rain than we have had all summer.

2.5 inches in my yard.  Prior to that I had .5 inches all summer.

I just got a rain barrel last week and it was full in no time! now I want to get 3 more!

The rain does tend to flatten the flowers but most will spring back as the foliage dries.  Here are some pictures of my now wet garden….I love it!….click pictures to enlarge

Happy Gardening

8 thoughts on “Rain!!!

Congratulations! What a relief. Here’s to many more regular, gentle rains.

Good for your area! We have had less than 1/2 inch for the last 2 months and we have 3 rain barrels that have forgotten what they are there for!
    Praying for rain on a daily basis!

Hope the rain goes your way!….I feel so bad for everyone who tries to garden when it is so dry!….but finally at least I can have a few days of not watering my yard

3. Karen says:

where did you get the rain barrel I have thought of getting some. It is always so nice to get rain after being dry so long.

I taught some classes at a gardening conference last week and one of the vendors had them for sale….I have seen them in catalogs before but didn’t want to pay the huge shipping charge… but this one I could just pick up and take home…still it was a lot of $ over $100 I want to find a cheaper alternative

4. We’ve been having lots of rain here in MA, too. In fact, I had to take a plastic bag when I picked up my quilt from the show so it didn’t get wet. All of my patio water containers are now full, so it can stop now for a while (as long as it’s not going to be humid, otherwise, it can keep raining!) Love your new banner with the dog!

It can stop here too…as long as we get more before it gets parched again!
      Teddy is good about having his picture taken…but only one per day…after he hears the click he is done…but he does make a good banner

Comments