gingham quilt top

DSCF8130

I love the look of gingham.  I don’t know what it is that draws me to it so much but to me it just looks happy.  Here is another new vintage top in gingham

When I look at it I feel like having a picnic lunch.

I think I will do blue for the binding…and perhaps red and blue quilting thread for the hand quilting.  This one is all cotton so it should be relatively easy to quilt….and the only thing it will need is a good pressing and it is ready to go.  It is machine pieced (not perfect but good enough for me!)  and to me it looks like 1950’s.  The stack of tops is getting pretty high!  I need to organize and pack some more so I have room to work.

I am making good progress on the vintage strip quilt

about 1/4 to go on the right side.

The last week has been beautiful weather in Lansing!  we have had 2″ of rain!!  My grass is green again…..I took a few pictures of the back yard through the window upstairs looking down

A bit of rain sure makes a difference!

Teddy says Hi

I am trying to post from my laptop today to see if it works before I head to Grand Rapids for the AQS show on Wednesday….  I want to be sure pictures download from camera to laptop correctly so…….

picutes again…click to enlarge

10 thoughts on “gingham quilt top

1. Kathleen Campbell says:

Hi Teddy and Tim,

I like the gingham top also.

Kathleen

2. Mike Pearson says:

It’s Dorothy Gale that draws me to gingham :)

3. Regan Martin says:

Love the gingham…..and Teddy is too darned cute! Aaah!

hahahha…today Teddy is very busy hiding and protecting his new chew toy. every time someone walks down the street he thinks they are coming to get it…so he gets it re-hides it and then looks out the window…then get is again

Yup, the downloading from camera to laptop works correctly, but the titles show only as the camera ID numbers — no way to change that to quilt titles, I suppose.

Gingham is good, you just never see anyone using it anymore! I guess I’ll have to buy some and piece something and yes, that picnic does come to mind!
    Good luck at the AQS show with your quilt!

Comments