Blog Milestone

I didn’t realize it would happen so soon, but I reached a blog milestone today…..100,000 views

It doesn’t seem like it was very long ago when I hit 50,000

and it is very interesting to see how many different countries I get views from

I guess I should have planned something big for the occasion…I will have to think of something for the next 100,000

today I started the next quilt…I got it all pin basted and ready to hand quilt

16 thoughts on “Blog Milestone

Celebrate! Give out finished quilts to the first 100 people who comment and in the order of those that comment first! :)

2. Karen says:

it is fun seeing how many impressions we get on our pages isn’t it.

3. Louise says:

It is amazing to see all the different countries.
    I have a question for you which you may have addressed in the past but for us new readers and new quilters, could you explain how you “stretch” your quilts?
    I have my Mom’s old frames but I do not remember much about how she stretched her quilts.

First I lay out the backing on the floor…I have a wooden floor so I use thumb tacks and pin the backing fabric to the floor (some people will pin it to the carper)..then I lay out the batting and smooth it out….then lay down the top and smooth …then with small safety pins I “baste” or pin the layers together (some people use a large basing needle and thread to baste the layers) I use far less pins than most quilters But if works for me…there is no real “stretching” that would distort the top, I start quilting from the center of the quilt and work out to the edges this way If i Have a pucker I can work it out to the edges as I quilt. I also like to keep the quilt quite lose in the hoop …to much tension makes it very difficult to get good small stitches…I will show some pictures of the hoop and tension soon…hope that helps

• Louise says:

Thanks for the info. That is what I had in mind. My studio floor is wood and I thought I would use painters tape to hold the back down so I could baste the layers together. My knees might not like my being in the floor but this sounds easier than getting my Mom’s frames out. Her frames would be around 80 years or older. My Dad made them for her when they first got married. I also have my great-grandmothers quilting frames! My daughter has been gifted them along with the handmade harnesses. I love old family things!

How wonderful to have those old family treasures!….I use the floor because of space…its just easier than finding room for a frame….and I know that tape works, I have done it before, I use tacks now because it is faster for me…and I have a “rustic” floor so I dont mind the little holes

4. Ann says:

Sign me up for the free quilt when you hit the next milestone!!

So Tim, when are you going to put this all in a book?

Congrats! And to think I knew you before the blog was possibly a twinkle in your eye — how far you’ve come.

6. Jeanette says:

I am not surprised. Your blog is so interesting, I can’t wait to see what you are doing next. I have gotten so many good ideas and tips from you ,Tim. But Tim, don’t let those flowers go. They need attention also.

Comments