I have been working on hand quilting the top I made from vintage fan blocks. I hung it up today to get a look at it and I am very pleased. I never ceases to amaze me what a difference some hand quilting can make. This is a what I have done so far….1/9th of the total.
I always start in the center and quilt out to the edges. Here is the back.
and here are some more pictures (click to enlarge)
I have been doing a bit of applique on the antique blocks that I posted about earlier (http://timquilts.com/2013/05/13/red-and-white-applique-blocks/) I have finished one
Here it is pinned to the fan quilt. (this one was partially finished before I started and I am surprised to see that the part I did is a lot more uniform and neater than the part the original maker did.)
It seems like there is something new every day in the garden so here is another bunch of pictures (click to enlarge)