More Flowers…and a new Quilt top

garden 6-11-13 017

I have been busy with gardening….both at home and at work ….I don’t have a lot of new quilting to show but I did win an auction on eBay and this one will be arriving soon
new-green

and the roses continue to bloom (click pictures to enlarge)

Happy Summer!

25 thoughts on “More Flowers…and a new Quilt top

You must have one of every rose in your garden!
    Nice quilt top!

I am always looking for room for more but it is hard to find spaces with enough sun…the quilt top struck me as fun because of the striped fabric

2. karen says:

love all the flowers!

3. Love your Constance Spry – my maiden name is Spry! We may be a little slow to get going, but bloom well once we’re on a roll!!

4. Victoria says:

Do you have a label by each flower or do you just know them? Either way I’m impressed!

Well I sometimes have brain freeze and forget a name and I sit here at the computer staring at the picture for a few …until It comes to me….but for the most part I do know all their names….when I studied Horticulture for my Degree I learned a lot of Latin Plant names….but really learn them best when I grow them myself..
      at one time I kept a Garden journal with a map of every plant, its name and common name and I stopped recording because I got to the point where I had moved so many things that I would need to re do the whole map…and I really didn’t need it to know the names…..but If I ever move I imagine who ever moved in would want to know what everything is….but it would be hard to move away from all my plants

5. Ann Hancock says:

So Tim, when is your garden going to be on a tour? It is absolutely spectacular!!

well Ann I guess It could be….but I have no Idea how one goes about that…..I do get LOTS of cars driving down the street very slowly in front of the house…..You are welcome to come for a tour any time

6. Linda Cronise says:

Hi Tim,
    Do you have any trouble with black spot on your Roses? If so what do you use to treat them with? They are so beautiful !!
    Linda in VA

7. myrosesindecember says:

Very nice quilt and the flowers are exquisite. Love the peonies and the Rosa gallica. I so love the old onres and the David Austin roses. Have you ever seen the books by Derek Fell?

No I have not seen his books….but I am thinking about writing one

• myrosesindecember says:

Well, let me know and I will definitely buy it. Derek Fell is a horticultural photographer who has a property just north of me called Cedar Ridge Farm. On it, he has created, in flowers and architecture, some of the paintings of the Impressionist artists. Unfortunately, he niow spending part of the year in Florida so his property is no longer open for tours. Exquisite.

sounds beautiful!

8. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Your front yard picture leaves me speechless. It is so beautiful. Love the quilt too. Miss seeing my little guy in your post :-)

9. Gerrie says:

With all the lovely roses, your yard must smell heavenly.

10. antarabesque says:

Fun quilt top. Will you quilt it as is, or will you reposition some of those striped blocks? (I don’t think I could leave it so haphazard, I would have to line up the horizontal/vertical blocks to be one or the other and I would be tempted to make a patterns and at least a more even distribution of the diagonal striped blocks. It just feels so unbalanced to me)

Comments