Good News, updates, garden

2012_0124aqs-tree-of-life0019

I got my acceptance letter today From AQS for my Tree of Life Whole Cloth Quilt.   It will be in the Grand Rapids Michigan AQS show Aug 14 – 17

This quilt was also at AQS in Lancaster PA earlier this year.  I hope for a better result this time :)

Here are some pictures (click to enlarge)

I have been working on the scrappy bow tie/ snowball quilt.

This is a variation on a pattern called snowball.  here is the original pattern

string snowball

A full quilt would look like this

stringsnowballfull

If you look at one quarter of a unit it looks like this

bowtie-1

and several together is like the quilt I am working on

string snowball varr

Here are some update pictures of the quilt (click to enlarge) Teddy was “Helping”

The baby Robins are growing

6-26-13 020

So is the garden

28 thoughts on “Good News, updates, garden

1. Renie says:

Congrats Tim!!! It’s always fun to see our work hanging in a major show.

Good news is right! I’m sure the next show will give better results or they will need new judges!
    Teddy is such a helper!

3. Alicia Sanchez says:

Congratulations on your acceptance. I’m so glad I got to see it at the Capital City Quilt Guild meeting last week. You have inspired me to try my hand at a whole cloth quilt. I haven’t decided on a motif, but I do love trees.

Alicia Sanchez

________________________________

4. Michelle says:

Congratulations!! It should win Best in Show because it’s absolutely gorgeous! Your scrappy bow tie quilt is looking great, too. Love seeing the baby robins and your beautiful garden…. and Teddy is looking good today, as well! :)

5. Kate says:

This is a lovely post, quilts, plants and birds. I love to see the birds as your robins are different to ours. We’ve got one feeding in the garden currently, and it’s in malt, so it looks speckled all over like a thrush, with no red breast.
    Your Tree of Life quilt is my favourite quilt of all the quilts I’ve seen and i really do wish you all the best with it – I would cover it with ribbons, so thanks for more photos of it.
    Best of luck.

6. Your Tree of Life quilt is nothing short of stunning!! -Jamie

7. adaisygarden says:

Congratulations! You certainly deserve it… the quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

8. Jan cotton....kiwi jan says:

Congratulations on the acceptance and good luck it’s a very clever and beautifully textured quilted quilt…..love the effect the different quilting has given it.

9. Pamela says:

What computer program do you use to plan your own quilt blocks and layout? EQ7? I’m in the market for a program and want to know what others are using.

Really like this quilt.

10. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Congrats on your quilt acceptance to the GR show. I bet you’re excited. Your bowtie/snowball is looking mighty good.

11. Anne Kasten says:

congratulations dear Tim ]this is such an achievement!

anne kasten

12. bonnie bus says:

Funny you should post about a scrappy snowball….just finished cataloging a part of Cuesta Benberry’s pattern collection and she had grouped a group of circle/fan patterns called snake’s trail, etc. She had a little info sheet she made and thought there were only two patterns, Gypsy Trail and Snake’s Trail and the variations were only in the names given to be blocks. Some were quite interesting….Navajo Trail to California, Coral Snake, Rattlesnake, or Snake in the Grass.

I think that finding ALL the names of a quilt pattern is almost impossible! so many different publications put them out and changes to the names were so common…it is however an interesting search!….and great that Cuesta’s collection is being so well taken care of!!

13. Victoria says:

Congratulations! But of course your beautiful work of art would be accepted!

14. thirdpearl says:

what a joy to see close up shots of the tree of life! it’s such a stunning work, and inspiration to me to get going on a whole cloth project. thanks for sharing!

Comments