Back to the fan quilt and more garden pictures

7-8-13 028

I started back to work on the vintage fan block quilt.  I have 5 of the 9 blocks finished.  Here are some pictures of the quilt front and back so you can see the quilting.

Click pictures to enlarge

And here are some garden pictures from this morning….rain is on the way again, click to enlarge

Happy Quilting and Gardening

14 thoughts on “Back to the fan quilt and more garden pictures

1. Cathi says:

The people around you must love having you in the neighbourhood — your gardens are so gorgeous!

I wish my front walk looked like that!
    So the deadline to finish this quilt would be probably by Friday?

3. That fan quilt is gorgeous. After looking at your garden I would love to live right across the street from you coz there would always be something lovely to look at. You should be proud of yourself for both your quilting and your garden.

4. Teri powers says:

Both the gardens and flowers are beautiful. I love the fan quilt. Did you piece and quilt it all by hand?

5. mithriluna says:

How beautiful and colorful!

6. Ann Hancock says:

I can only echo what has been said…beautiful flowers, beautiful yard, beautiful fan quilt. This is one of my favorites – I think because it is “scrappy”, and also I love the soft colors. Your augmentation of the original fans with the reproduction fabrics is really skillful. It’s looking awesome!

Thanks Ann
      I had those fan blocks for several years before I decided what to do with them…..I think it was good to wait until I had the fabric to go with them…that stack of fat quarters I found were just right…prior to that I kept thinking solids….glad I didnt do that

7. So relaxing to stroll thru your garden via your blog, Tim! It saves me so much work just enjoying yours! It’s all I can do just to maintain my berry patch. How do you deal with rabbits and deer? They consider my yard their personal buffet!

I have a few rabbits lately but I have some their favorites in cages hard to see the cages now that the plants have filled in…..I live in the down town area…just a few blocks from the state capital ….no deer in my very urban neighborhood….the one benefit of living in the city on such a small lot….the entire property is 40 feet wide and 120 feet deep ( and there is a big house and driveway on that ) the neighbors houses are nearly close enough to touch on both sides

Comments