Another Finish and more garden pictures

Vintage Fan quilt 002

I finished the fan quilt.  I made the top with vintage blocks and new fabrics for the sashing. You can read about that here: http://timquilts.com/2013/03/10/fan-blocks-become-a-quilt-top/

I did not feel like this quilt fit with anything extra fancy in the quilting design. The scrappy nature of it lends itself to a more simple design. This took about 800 yards of quilting thread.

I used Natures Touch cotton batting and just for kicks I measured the quilt before  I washed it.  it finished at 80″ square.  After washing and drying (both in the machine) it is now 76″ square…about 5% shrinkage….I love the look.

Here are a bunch of pictures, the quilt is fresh out of the dryer and still a bit wrinkly but you can get the idea.

click pictures to enlarge

Now back to one of the many other quilts in progress.

It has been hot here in Lansing!…I went outside this morning to take a few garden pictures, and the difference in the temperature between the inside with the AC on and the outside caused my camera lens to fog up…so some of the pictures are a bit foggy looking.

click pictures to enlarge

Stay Cool!

18 thoughts on “Another Finish and more garden pictures

Ok, I think I won this quilt, didn’t I??? It’s a wowser!

2. Teri powers says:

Love the fan quilt. Any history?

3. Prairie Quilter/Nebraska says:

That vintage, puckered look is what I love to see. Another great finish.
    (From a lurker who doesn’t comment very often, but who is in complete awe of your quilts (especially what you can do with those fabulous “rescue” tops/blocks), your speedy progress, and your artistic quilting eye.)

4. audrey says:

Wonderful rescue yet again! Love how this one turned out. Your stitching was perfect!

5. Janine Huisjen says:

Love the washed look. So cozy.

6. gardnerpam6 says:

the quilt turned out well and your flowers are lovely-mine have been spectacular until the last few days with this horror of a heat wave. Hubby is out watering now but nothing substitutes for rain!

so true…..by this evening many plants are so wilted that I have to water…..no rain in the forecast until Friday night…hope the plants can hold out!

7. Congratulations on another finish!! Garden is looking lovely.

8. Loretta says:

When you do echo quilting in a quilt like this one, do you mark your lines or use tape? Or do you just “eyeball” it?
    It’s a beautiful quilt!