Mackinac Island

mackinac-1 037

No Quilting for a few days as 5 enjoy a trip to Mackinac Island.

can you imagine me not having lots of pictures?

Click the pictures to enlarge

The flowers look great this time of year.

Happy Summer

22 thoughts on “Mackinac Island

1. Teri Powers says:

One of my favorite places. Would love to sit on the porch of the grand hotel with a glass of wine or cup of coffee and quilt away.

Good for you. It’s good for Tim to take a vacation. I hope to get there myself some day. Those Pure Michigan ads are coming on strong.

3. myrosesindecember says:

I have always wanted to visit there after seeing “Somewhere in Time”. It looks gorgeous. Have a good time.

4. Vicky F says:

Hi Tim,
    Glad you get a nice vacation. Your photos transport me right to the Island. I can almost feel the breeze. Any favorite places to stay?

The breezes are great….I think that there are several great places to stay….The place in the pictures with the picket fence and all the flowers looks like a beautiful one

5. Kathy in FL says:

I spent the day on Mackinac Island 3 years ago, and I’ve been wanting to go back there ever since and stay at the Grand Hotel. Your pictures are wonderful! Thanks for the vicarious visit back to the island.

It is fun to see all the people from so many different parts of the country…..I didn’t know how popular the Island is….I thought it was just a Michigan attraction, but it seems like it is more

OMG! Definitely a place that I have on my bucket list!
    Thanks for the pictures!

7. Pam Gagnier says:

Your pics are awesome – thanks for sharing! I can almost smell the fudge. Definitely miss Michigan. Hope to be back to visit soon.

8. Babara says:

Love the pictures. I am going up there next weekend, the gardens are so pretty. I like the shot of the green, gray and yellow homes stacked on the hill, it’s different. Could make an interesting quilt.

9. Pam Gardner says:

I love islands, in fact I wish I lived on one. Is the lighthouse a working one? It is charming. How long is the bridge to the island? The stone church was beautiful and those purple spike flowers in front of the one inn-what are they. I haven’t read other comments, someone probably asked these things.
    Who takes care of Teddy or does he come with you?
    Have fun-bet it’s cold in the winter. Do many people live there yr. round?

LOL….the Lighthouse is not in use anymore…since about the 50’s I think….the bridge connects the upper peninsula to the lower peninsula…and it is 8,614 feet long (the worlds third longest suspension bridge) to get to the island you take a ferry…the ride is about 16 Minutes
      the flowers in front of the Inn are astilbe….they are beautiful…..teddy is staying at The Elegant Pooch….but I might bring him next time

10. quilt4di@verizon.net says:

looks much more inviting than the desert I just vacationed

Comments