More Mackinac Pictures

The Gardens are well tended

Took a few more pictures this morning ….here they are (click pictures for larger version)

Lot of people and walking….I think it is time to relax a bit

Happy Saturday

18 thoughts on “More Mackinac Pictures

1. karen says:

very beautiful place would love to see it one day.

Definitely on my list, one of my customers said most of the places close up in the winter, way too cold!

I think that very few people stay year round…..the ferry rides to get back and forth have to stop running when the ice covers the straits….but I bet it is still beautiful

3. Paula barnett says:

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.p

4. Ann Hancock says:

What fun!!…. I LOVE Mackinac. Is the big field of Ratibida pinnata in bloom now? I got such a great slide of that on one of my visits.

Eat some fudge for me! Are you staying in the Grand Hotel?!

5. Babara says:

There is a look out we discovered, by accident, to the east of the fort up among the cypress trees and the little park, know as Artists Point that affords a beautiful view of town-looking west.

6. Babara says:

Did you know the head gardener for The Grand Hotel and Grounds is a woman from Spring Lake Michigan?

7. Florence says:

Where is Teddy?

Florence

8. Liz says:

I live on Mackinac year-round – not everything closes down for the winter. Two restaurants usually stay open as well as the post office, the grocery store, the medical center, the school, airport, etc. If you like to cross country ski, the island is a great spot for a picturesque winter getaway!

Comments