Late summer garden, and an interview

I took some pictures of the garden today.  I  seem to begin to overlook it at this time of year, but it is still full of blooms….and bees!

Click pictures to enlarge

and here are some pictures of demos from floral design class…the first 3 designs are by Cindy Ching

And when I was at AQS in Grand Rapids I was interviewed by Bonnie Browning…here is the interview

Happy Quilting and happy Gardening

40 thoughts on “Late summer garden, and an interview

That was great!

But you forgot to mention that Teddy helped…..

3. Charlene says:

Tim – Just watched your interview – had to watch on my desktop so I could get the whole screen effect of the quilt – as I said before I think it is the most beautiful quilt I have seen. So glad you won – your work deserved it!!!!

4. audrey says:

Great to see the interview with you and your gorgeous quilt! Wonderful prize money for you to have fun with.:)

5. Annie says:

Tim, you are my inpiration all day long. That was great!
    Kiss from Québec, Canada.

6. karen says:

thanks for showing the video – it is so nice to “really” know you now!! and congratulations once again

7. Ann Hancock says:

Congratulations, Tim!

8. mehitabel says:

The interview was fun to watch-that quilt is just fabulous! I also love your garden. Mine used to look something like that back when I was younger and had more energy (and a back that worked!) but maybe once I get moved I can get back to growing pretties again!

9. Wow! Congratulations! It was so much fun to see you. After reading your blog, I actually knew some answers to her questions.

10. Carolanne says:

Such a beautiful quilt. It really ‘lives’.

11. Barbara says:

Congrats on your win, it’s a beautiful quilt! It was fun watching the progress on your blog

12. Michelle says:

Congratulations Tim! This is truly the most beautiful quilt I’ve ever seen. You’re so kind to share your quilts and knowledge of hand quilting with everyone. I’m glad to see the prize go to someone so deserving. Loved the interview, too! :)

13. Connie Wells says:

Hi Tim! Loved your quilt…..Tree of Life. I too am a hand quilter. It is becoming such a lost art now. I try to teach it as often as I can to whoever wants to learn. I saw your interview today with Bonnie………..one question I had is what kind of cotton fabric did you use? Moda? Kona Cotton? or something else? I have yet to try wool batting but I will now. Congratulations on a job well done. You’ve inspired me (but I can’t draw)……………

Thanks Connie
      I have to think about this….the fabric is inexpensive muslin…I got it at JoAnn fabrics….but I cant say for sure what manufacturer ..In my opinion the Moda, Kona etc are harder to quilt because they have a higher thread count. I think you will really like wool batting!

• Connie Wells says:

Tim: I also collect antique quilts…….and I have about six tops waiting “in the wings” to be finished. A few years back I finished a very large quilt top made by my great grandmother…….I worked on other quilts for many years to perfect my stitches before starting hers. I see that you also restore antique quilts. I work at a quilt shop part-time and because I hand quilt and collect quilts people think I can restore them. I know it takes a special talent. Can I refer others to you for restoration?

How wonderful that you were able to finish the quilt that your great grandmother started!…that is such a special quilt!!
        A real special thing for you to be able to do …like a tribute to her.
        I have (to the best of my knowledge) no family history of quilting so the antique tops I finish are anonymous:(

As far as restoration goes there was a time that I would have jumped at the opportunity, but I have so much quilting that I want to get done that I am not taking on any restoration jobs.

14. gardnerpam6 says:

enjoyed the interview as it makes me feel like I know you a bit better
    I have never used a sewing machine for any quilting I have done

15. Sharon Snow says:

Congratulations!!!!! It is beautiful. You deserve a prize for it. :D

16. bjmonitas says:

Hi, my favorits of the flower arrangements are the first and the last one. Especially I love the movement of the arrangements as well as the texture (not sure if one can use this expression in this occasion – English isnt my mother tongue). Kindest bjmonitas

17. Marjorie says:

Great interview! Funny, I always imagined this quilt to be larger…apparently Teddy never modeled it. ;) Wool batting is on my bucket list. Can’t wait to compare it to silk, bamboo and cotton. And your garden is shaming me into paying attention to the plants I’ve ignored since I became obsessed with fabric.

18. LoriD says:

Loved the Interview! Congratulations Tim!!

19. Susan says:

You took some pictures of the flowers and oh there is also a video. Loved the video…. congrads on the award for a historic piece.

Comments