Driveway paved with AQS winnings

I was honored to win the Best hand workmanship award at AQS Quilt week in Grand Rapids. (you can see the quilt here http://timquilts.com/2013/08/14/aqs-grand-rapids-2/) Today the November issue of  American Quilter Magazine arrived in the mail.  My quilt is on page 63. It is very exciting to see one of my quilts in a magazine!

I decided to use the winnings from the quilt to pave my driveway.

If you remember it was a rutted gravel drive.

Driveway soon to be paved using my winnings from AQS!

Driveway soon to be paved using my winnings from AQS!

Now it looks great….I almost look forward to shoveling snow….OK I’m over it

9-21-13 008

here is the parking area in the back

9-21-13 009

There are still a few flowers in the garden, but the season is winding down.  (click pictures to enlarge)

Today Teddy felt like having his picture taken…he jumped up in his chair and posed

9-21-13 033 9-21-13 034

I need to get back to work on my whole cloth quilt!

9-20-13 005

27 thoughts on “Driveway paved with AQS winnings

1. ann in PA says:

Congratulations on a job well done and what an award! SWEET!!!

Nice driveway! Makes life easier.

3. Kathleen Campbell says:

Love your Whole cloth more and more! A terrific idea to do the edge this way.

4. Kathi says:

Love your new driveway thanks to an awesome winning quilt! Your skill is amazing Tim. Thanks for sharing with us… now I must know… how can you look at your first quilt in a mag and get back to quilting… I would have to celebrate! lol Kathi

5. Congratulations Tim!! So well deserved!! I shall look forward to obtaining a copy of the magazine……very exciting!

6. Francie says:

Tim. like everyone else I must say Congratulations to you!! I’ll have to go to town and pick up the magazine…soon!! The driveway will make you happy all snowy winter long. The difference in shoveling is monumental. Again a job well done. :D

7. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

Tomorrow I head on out to the store to pick up the magazine with your quilt – nice job! Congrats! The drive looks great, and as always, thanks for my “Teddy” fix. He’s quite the little camera hog!

8. Marie says:

Congratulations Tim…..your handwork is absolutely amazing and I am so pleased you won!! Congratulations also on your published quilt. Will be looking out for the magazine. Love the driveway too!

9. Anne Travis says:

Tim, congrats on the quilt award. Love your flowers in the back, you could probably win on them too. I have two schnauzers and yours is sitting so regally! How do you achieve this? Back to quilting. Anne

Sent from my iPad

10. gardnerpam6 says:

congrats on a well deserved win and a new driveway!

11. karen says:

LOL, I’m not sure I would have thought to use the winnings for a driveway paved Tim – it must be a guy thing :)

12. cmosey says:

My friend, your hand quilting is not “beastly.” It is far from it.

I couldn’t let this one slip by… LOL

• cmosey says:

OK, I read your post in Feedly… since then you have won BEST hand quilting. Hanging my head in shame. I owe you a drink. :)

drives me crazy that once I catch a mistake and fix it it isn’t fixed everywhere….but that’s OK….I did sort of work like a beast on it ;)
      Spell check doesn’t always do me any favors …I need spell check for dyslexia ….for the last several weeks I have double and triple checking from and form ….they sure seem like the same word when I look at them

Comments