Double T blocks

I recently got an email from  Teri in Richland MI.  Teri’s son has an antique store and had a pile of double t blocks that weren’t selling….do I want them?
How could I pass that up?  What a great gift…Thanks again Teri!!

So here they are….

t blocks 008

I am not sure this will be the setting I use but here they are spread out on a vintage piece of fabric.  I would guess them to be from the 1880-90 era and the fabrics mostly very stable…click pictures to enlarge

Teddy approves

t blocks 028

I will be putting them together into a top soon (famous last words)

I have another great gift quilt top from another reader that I will post about next time…..you don’t want to miss it…it is super!

and now for another snowflake

here is the pattern

snowflake 12-3-13

this pattern is for a standard 8.5 inch piece of paper

here is the progress

t blocks 001 t blocks 002 t blocks 003 t blocks 004 t blocks 005

32 thoughts on “Double T blocks

1. NikkiM says:

Love the fabrics! According to Teddy it should be “Hand Quilting with Teddy!” Hehe!

2. Jeanette says:

Teddi likes them ! T for Teddi

3. Janine Huisjen says:

What a wonderful gift. I really like the blocks on that vintage fabric. It’s just the right contrast. I’m enjoying your snowflake designs, too.

That’s what I call a GIFT! At least he knew the right person to give them to!

5. Lisa says:

Wonderful gift! I love first picture. Teddy overseeing the placement of the blocks.

6. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

Teddy has excellent taste. The t block top is gorgeous. Those are my colors. I can’t wait to see what you do with it. Nice gift!

That is terrific! Oh, those are such amazing fabrics. Wow, what a treasure, and as a gift. Well done Teri, uniting those worthy blocks with the quilter deserving of them.

8. Alex says:

Yay T for Teddy :)

9. Connie Johnson says:

I love the T blocks. I’ve become fascinated with them lately. My mother’s name was Matilda , but always went by Tilly. I want to do a T quilt in her memory ( have one of her dresses That I want to incorporate). What a wonderful gift, I know you will do it justice. I read the article in QNL, the attention was deserved. I like what you said about not being perfect. As one who always tried for perfection, I now embrace the quirks in my quilts…quilting certainly humbles one. Love your site and look forward to your emails !

10. Becky Loader says:

What a wonderful gift! I love the T blocks. As a Civil War re-enactor, I know these blocks ub their connection to the Temperance Movement. Very interesting. I’m so glad you will be quilting such a lovely piece.

11. Clara Zolud says:

How wonderful and yes Terri chose the perfect person to get these beautiful blocks. Double ‘T’, for Tim & Teddy. As always, Tim, you remain being one of my favorite people and I know you will turn this quilt into a work of art. God bless you and thanks for sharing!

12. myrosesindecember says:

Oh Tim, you are the perfect recipient for these lovely blocks. I think they look wonderful the way you placed them on the vintage fabric. How come I never find treasures like this? Teddy looks like he approves too. I am so grateful for the inspiration I get from you and thank you for your willingness to share with all of us.

13. tdspringer says:

LOL, you all read my mind…as soon as I “found” Tim’s blog I knew he was the person who those blocks belonged to. Double T for Tim and Teddy. I can’t wait to see what Tim does with them. I’m thinking a road trip to Lansing will be in order to see the finished quilt…..(no hurry….LOL, I’m thinking the roads are going to be not very nice, very soon….I-69 is a bear in the winter…)

14. jeanknee says:

your snowflakes are fabulous!

15. Gretchen McClain says:

Tim, I thank you for walking me through the paper snowflake pattern. You are so artistic! I managed to get one onto fabric. It took a lot of cutting, very tedious. But now I don’t know how I should quilt it. It’s the one you posted in December with the buck and pine trees. I’d like to post a picture for you somehow. The snowflake is cut out of glittery white fabric fused onto red with tiny polka dots. My. Guild loves your work and I can’t wait to show this to them. Do you have any suggestions for quilting it? Thanks.
    Gretchen in PA

it sounds just beautiful!!!! I would quilt in an outline very close to the edges of the snowflake…and then a background fill of your choice…I like a simple grid pattern…and you selected my favorite pattern to work with

• Gretchen McClain says:

I’m afraid the snowflake will come off eventually since it’s only fused on. I don’t dare fold it up so I have it pinned to a wall quilt for now. Obviously, I didn’t think this through before hand. 😕

I am no applique expert but if your good at it you could machine applique over it …I dont think I have to patience for that

16. Gretchen McClain says:

I’m thinking about doing that but it will be tedious also. I would just need to take my time. Thanks for your input Tim. Keep up your beautiful work! I look forward to your next Friday writing.
    Piece,