Nov 22 I began a remake on an antique top, read about that here http://timquilts.com/2013/11/22/bless-her-heart/
Today I finished it. It is all hand quilted.
(the color is off here….it is not this bright but the flash does that)
I went with big fan quilting because it seemed appropriate for the quilt. I did not select this pattern to enhance the blocks or the piecing, to the contrary I did it to cover up the imperfections. The big sweeping arcs are in contrast to the piecing and hide the fact that the lines aren’t straight, and the points are all cut off.
The batting is wool, which is very light in weight but has a lot of loft which helps to make the quilting defined and also helps to take up the puckers that I was unable to get out of the top.
Here are more pictures of it fresh out of the washer and dryer (click to enlarge)