Dr Seuss Quilt

Dr Seuss 003

Over the holidays my nephew and his wife had a new arrival so it is time for me to make a quilt for my new grand-nephew.

I went to the fabric store and couldn’t pass up this Dr Seuss fabric.  It is Robert Kaufman fabric called Celebrate Seuss.

Dr Seuss 001

I will cut the individual squares apart and add sashing in brown and I have light blue flannel for the backing.

Of course I will hand quilt it, but it should be a quick project because there is not a lot of piecing to do.  here are some more pictures of the fun fabric. (click to enlarge)

I will post some pictures as soon as I get the top done

26 thoughts on “Dr Seuss Quilt

The idea is excellent and the fabric is excellent — very luck nephew, although he doesn’t know it yet.

2. this will make a perfect little boys quilt!

3. Pam G. says:

How cute! And what a keepsake for your grand nephew. Can’t wait to see it finished.

4. Sharon Eshlaman in Galesburg says:

So cute and I love the colors!

5. Francie says:

Perfect!!!

6. Bobbie Davis says:

Make sure you include a couple of Dr. Seuss books with the quilt!! Perfect timing as March is reading month and both the author and his books will be celebrated in schools throughout the country!! Great choice!!

7. katechiconi says:

That’s fun! How are you going to quilt it?

8. Espirational says:

My niece just had a baby, so I have a baby quilt to make too. I’d better get with it or he will be graduating from high school before I get it done :)

9. Everyone loves Dr Seuss, he should be recognised as one of history’s great philosophers :-)

10. KerryCan says:

Wonderful, wonderful fabric–I just looked at all the characters and thought, “oh, there’s Horton! There’s the Cat it the Hat!.” They’ve stuck with me all these years.

11. Pamela says:

Cute Dr. Seuss fabric. I’m finished up one baby quilt for a grand-niece at Christmas and have another one I’m just finishing. My sisters and I are collaborating on another baby quilt for a niece expecting this month. I’ve always enjoyed making baby quilts and probably cannot recall all of them that I have made in the last 33 years. Someone’s always having a baby.

12. Kathi says:

Could you do a tute or something on how you attach your cornerstones and sashing so well? I love how all of it meets as it should and struggle with that… thanks for sharing! Kathi

13. […] I finished the Dr Seuss Quilt last night.  This is the fastest I ever made a quilt!  I bought the fabric on Saturday Jan 4 http://timquilts.com/2014/01/04/dr-seuss-quilt/ […]

Comments