Basket quilt update

???????????????????????????????

The vintage Fruit Basket quilt is progressing.

??????????????????????????????? basket quilting 002 basket quilting 001

Here is a picture of the back

???????????????????????????????

As you can see the fans are not perfectly even….that is my intention. I’m going for less formal look.  I can do much more elaborate and more uniform quilting, But that didn’t seem to fit here.

My hand quilted Tree of Life will be exhibited at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum from Jan 31 – April 29

RMQM2014

Just in case you haven’t seen it yet here is a picture

aqs-Tree-of-life-1

18 thoughts on “Basket quilt update

1. Lu Ann Brown says:

Love your vintage basket! So fun to find you as I am an avid hand quilter and gardener too.

Was wondering if you could recommend what you use to clean the old vintage tops….I have just received four and need to do this. One delicate one also has stains….any recommendations?

Thanks for all the inspiration!

LuAnn

I usually do not try to clean them before I quilt them…..the quilting adds strength to the older fabrics by adding new material to the back and it covers all the raw edges in all the piecing…once finished I was on gentle in the washing machine with normal detergent, then dry in the dryer….if stains remain I will spot treat and re-wash

2. Judy says:

Tim, Love your basket quilt! The quilting is great! You are so productive…send some of that quilting mojo my way! Judy

3. Carla Bynum says:

Hi Tim!!!! Love your baskets!!!! Your tree of life is amazing!!!! Wow!!! You are extremely talented!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! hugs carla

never let fear stop you from dancing on the moon

________________________________

4. Joan gale says:

Fabulous!

5. katechiconi says:

Both q uilts are magnificent in their own way. I must say I love the ‘drawing with quilting’ on the Tree of Life wholecloth quilt, it’s quite exquisite.

6. Francie says:

So glad to hear The TREE quilt is being shown again. I saw it in person in Lancaster….it’s a beauty. Also loving the fan quilting you have been doing. You have a good eye as to where you should/could use that pattern. :D

7. bermudagirl says:

Looks beautiful Tim. Think you’ve convinced me on that block!!!

8. Kate says:

Will say it again – this is my favourite quilt of all time! Congratulations on having it displayed in the exhibition, wish I could see it up close, perhaps it will travel to the UK one day.

Comments