Basket of Lilies Pattern

3-9-14 004

I have been working away on the basket of lilies quilt.  I am making progress…but I still have a long way to go..

I took a break from quilting and looked it up in the quilt index (www.quiltindex.org) I found several examples of the design and a few different ways to set the blocks (click pictures to enlarge)

And as Promised I drew up the pattern for the block.  I made the pattern for an 18″ block which is the size used the quilt I am currently working on.

Click here for the PDF pattern basket of flowers pattern

If anyone decides to make one I would love to hear about it, and see pictures!!….if you send me a pictures I will post them here for all the readers to see.

10 thoughts on “Basket of Lilies Pattern

1. Chrisanna says:

Thank you Tim for posting the pattern and piecing instructions. That was quick! By the way, weather where I live in Indiana was beautiful today, hope you enjoyed a warm day as well.

You are welcome….
      the weather here today has been warm enough to begin melting some snow…but rain is on the way followed by more snow tonight and tomorrow….
      but it wil all end soon (fingers crossed)

2. Paulette says:

Thank you so much for doing this!

Thanks so much for the PDF! I have a book about the quilts of Mary Schafer published by the Michigan State University Museum by Gwen Marston and Joe Cunningham. In it is a very nice North Carolina Lily quit, have you seen this booklet?

you are welcome!
      I have not seen the book…I will have to look for it….I have met Joe Cunningham and admire his work…and I hope to be able to meet Gwen some time soon…her work is always inspiring

4. Lee Ann says:

Thank you for the PDF!

5. STEPHANIE says:

Thank you Tim. It is a design that I love but all those pieces look really scary!

It can look scarey but I have learned that larger blocks are easier because the pieces aren’t so small…this is an 18 inch block so it is not that hard….and it doesn’t take many blocks to get to a full sized quilt….and a single block can make a nice small wall hanging, or pillow top

Comments