Another one! stop the madness!!

I can’t help buying them when I love them and they are a good deal!….but It does seem like I must be crazy sometimes…..but in a good way.

The top is all hand pieced and in great condition (needs to be pressed)  I would say 60’s fabrics.

And look at all the fun hand quilting space in those green strips!….this is going to be a fun project!  Each strip has different fabrics.  Teddy says “it sits well”  that is his way of saying it is pretty flat.

Since Teddy is such a popular little guy I thought I would make a video of his inspecting job…..unfortunately he just wanted to look at the camera!

27 thoughts on “Another one! stop the madness!!

Feed the madness! Run amok! The more tops to inspect the better! Bring ‘em on! (Kristen voicing Teddy)

2. Pam G. says:

I totally understand your passion! Besides – you have to keep sweet Teddy busy with inspections!

3. Martyne says:

They all want tender loving care, and found you Tim, knowing they will receive it in your heart and home! I love the colors, beach house perfect in my book!

4. Victoria says:

Oh, Yeah!!!! Go Teddy! Go Teddy! more videos!!!

Now that we know hot the camera works we will try one or two more maybe we can convince him not to stare at the camera

• Kristen says:

Well, I can see he knows his good angles — upward, straight on, and head turned left in profile. But he can add to his portfolio.

5. So pretty!!!! But you know me…I think lime is a neutral.

6. Laura Swinney says:

Love Teddy! He’s a good boy!! I LOVE that quilt top too Tim!

7. wanda says:

What type of motif would you add to a quilt like this? A cable or feathers?

yes to both, or something totally different, I haven’t decided yet…..based on its age I think I have more latitude to do something less traditional

8. Teddy was just thinking hard – part of an inspector’s job. This quilt looks summery to me. Lime as a neutral!

9. Pat Long says:

OMG that is just beautiful-love the colors

10. Kathleen Campbell says:

SUPER GREEN looks good. I am inspired by what colors quilters put together.

11. Vicky says:

I just think Teddy is so cute! Where do you find these quilt beauties? I love to hand quilt but do not like to piece them.

12. Megan F says:

So funny! I only own 4 vintage tops SO FAR (bought in the last month) and I am trying to just stay off the sites because if I search, I *will* find something! I was going to ask you how you control yourself, but apparently you don’t. :)

I try to but I put one on my watch list and then when I check on it I end up looking at new listings….it never ends …..I do often go for months without buying any….and then sometimes I end up buying one a day

13. Nancy says:

Love the green in this, and you’re right it will be fun to quilt those strips. Teddy looks good on green, and he does require a fresh supply of tops for his inspection. So I don’t see how you can stop even if you wanted to.

Comments