Garden pictures

DSCN1942

I have been able to get a bit of garden work done the last few days…..here are a few pictures I took this morning (click pictures to enlarge)

It sure is good to start seeing color!

Happy Gardening

17 thoughts on “Garden pictures

1. Pam G. says:

WoW!!! So beautiful! Now I’m really homesick. Iris are my favorite & remind me so much of my grandmother’s garden in Olivet.

2. Kathleen Campbell says:

Tim,
    Your garden is about two-three weeks ahead of SE PA. I am amazed. Everything looks good.
    The only fast growing thing in my garden is the ferns. I did not put them in and they are seeding themselves.

I love that about ferns…they plant themselves where they want to grow!
      my garden might be a few weeks ahead of yours but its a few weeks behind where it is normally at this time….we had a long hard winter and it set back everything
      Hopefully we will have a long mild summer!

3. katechiconi says:

Do I spot a bit of a pinky-lilac and acid green colour scheme coming hrough? Beautiful iris, really lavish!

:) the garden can inspire colors for quilts as well…..but I do love those colors……and the Iris is something I want to make a quilt with….just need to figure out how I want to do it

• katechiconi says:

For some inspiration, you could do worse than visit here:

Even if it’s not your cup of tea, you can still marvel at the detail, loving care and sheer hard work that went into them.

4. Susie says:

Love that you have native Jack-in-the-Pulpit and trillium! I have the same ones, although your garden is a lot tidier than mine!

you can’t beat those native plants! I am slowly getting more ….I should do a post on the natives in the yard…..but the shade plants are my favorite natives….I hope to add some of the white trillium and a few bloodroot and twinleaf…and some more native ferns…yikes I need a bigger yard :)

5. Mary Ann says:

The irises make me homesick too. However when I was in SE PA the end of April, they had snow on the ground. My flowers are gone for the year. Keep showing yours, they are beautiful.

6. Karen says:

Got any rhubarb?

7. Tim,

Thank for taking time away from your quilting and coming to Town Hall Quilt Guild tonight. This is the second time that I have seen your lecture/trunk show and I am still speechless. Your work is outstanding. I hope that your drive home was not to taxing.

Chuck
    President Town Hall Quilt Guild

8. I love seeing all the plants we cannot grow down here in the Gulf Coast heat. The baby Robins are precious. This year I have noticed many Robins staying here. Maybe our “cold” weather has confused them.

IM always the same when I see plants I can’t grow here because of the cold winters.
      About the robins, I think it might have confused them..Im not sure how they know when to do what, but temperature must have a part in that…..the nest that they made here on my porch was made while it was snowing…and I think that confused them too!

Comments