Baskets and flowers

DSCN2093

I Have been working on the Basket of Lilies/Carolina Lily quilt again.  I have 2 more lily blocks to hand quilt and then a lot of the sashing and a few more setting triangles.  It really is getting close to being done
DSCN2089 DSCN2090

I posted yesterday about these baskets from a class.
DSCN2045

I started to add to them in a scrappy design

DSCN2091

I will finish that off with scrappy blocks at the bottom, then add a row of baskets all around the edges, then follow that with another scrappy border.

And since it looks different almost every day here are some more garden pictures.

11 thoughts on “Baskets and flowers

1. Julie Porter says:

I really like your baskets Tim. Traditional yet funky . The sort of quilt my daughters would like.

2. katechiconi says:

But Tim, they’re gardening baskets! They need to be filled with flowers from your garden. Time for a little applique? Gorgeous either way, though.

3. Wanda says:

I love, love, love your scrappy baskets! You are so talented at design and selection! Thanks for sharing, Tim!

4. Donna K says:

Good Morning Tim
    Love the Carolina Lily quilt and the basket quilt. Have you marked your quilting lines on the Carolina Lily quilt? I don’t see any marks in the photos.
    Your garden is coming right along, thanks for sharing.

Hi Donna …I am marking the grid on the carolina lily as go…using a disposable mechanical pencil from the office supply store…(bic brand) once the quilting is there you hardly can see the line even…and it goes away in the wash as long as you dont press to hard when marking

5. Isabel Das Gupta says:

Really enjoy reading your blog, Tim, but am concerned that vicariously experiencing your hard work has the effect of avoiding mine!

Yikes I don’t want to keep you from your quilting ;)….actually I have the same problem but I solved it. I keep the computer next to me when I hand quilt so I can look at lots of other peoples work and still do mine at the same time…

Comments