Flowers flowers flowers

sneezeweed

I am on the home stretch on the New York beauty Quilt.  I hope to have pictures of the finished quilt next time.

The garden continues to grow….here are some more pictures.  Last time I listed them all with their Latin names so today I decided to go with common names  (click on pictures to enlarge)

Happy Gardening

10 thoughts on “Flowers flowers flowers

1. Your garden looks great! The Foxtail Lily is really interesting. I don’t believe I have seen one before.

its a beautiful flower, this is the second year I have had the plant and the first year it has flowered. I was concerned about it not growing here, foxtail lily (Eremurus) is happiest in moderate to warm climates and thrives in average to dry environments. zones 5 – 9 …I think in a warmer zone it would do better….but I thought it was worth a try….and glad it made it through the winter.

2. Debbie says:

Love the blue eyed grass and Mexican hat. They both grow wild here.

How great to have them grow wild! I love to grow native plants…many of the flowers in my garden grow wild in various places in Michigan…..The blue eye grass I have never been able to find in the wild…but it sure is a great plant…the Mexican hat is one I started from seed….the pure yellow one is the one in the wild here…those should bloom in a few more days….

3. roseermis says:

Fascinating to see beautiful flowers that can’t be grown in Texas. Right now, tomatoes are red, and we are enjoying the homegrown ones from my uncle. Great work on the New York Beauty.

I have seen pictures of some Texas rose gardens …some varieties that I can’t grow here …I guess there is no perfect place to grow everything!…..I think I am probably several weeks away from tomatoes and I can hardly wait!! nothing better than a tomato fresh from the vine

4. Helen Beall says:

Do you cook with your San Marzanos or eat them raw?

Comments