Bright vintage corduroy quilt top

I love this vintage quilt top.   It is all made of corduroy.   It is 74″ x 102″ and in great shape….I am looking forward to hand quilting it!

If you are a regular reader you might remember the corduroy quilt I did last summer.

corduroy quilt finish 015 corduroy quilt finish 021-crop

This was hand quilted with perle cotton thread and I plan to do the same for this one.  here are some pictures (click pictures to enlarge)

The colors in the photos are a bit washed out.  It is actually much brigher.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July so here are a few vintage quilt tops to fit the theme.

This one is not red white and blue but it is stars and has lots of strip fabric so it could be called  “stars and stripes” even though it is not all stripes

This one is red white and blue with several different blue fabrics. The pattern is called Dogwood Blossoms.

Teddy likes this one because it gos so well with his patriotic bandana.

Happy Independence Day

14 thoughts on “Bright vintage corduroy quilt top

1. Rebecca says:

A corduroy quilt, that is a new one for me! It is bright and wild and kind’a crazy, but I like it! I really like that star quilt too, but it looks like a difficult pattern. Does it have set in seams? A Happy 4th to you!

Thanks
      the colors made me buy the corduroy one…the star does look like a difficult one because there are a lot of pieces…and set in seams…. I would hand piece it …this one was hand pieced…I can’t find the pattern name…I will try to find it

2. Debbie says:

Love the star quilt. Very unusual.

3. Nancy says:

Oh my! I too love the star quilt. Have you tried to draft a pattern for that? I have done big stitch quilting with perle cotton, although on flannel, and really liked it!
    Teddy looks mighty handsome!! Happy 4th to you. We’re expecting rain here in Ct. tomorrow, but not from the hurricane.

I haven’t found the pattern name yet….If I can’t find it I might draw up a pattern
      Teddy says thanks…he love to be fussed over ;)
      stay dry!

4. katechiconi says:

Wow, that is one psychedelic quilt. I can see why you love it.

5. KerryCan says:

I’ve never seen the Dogwood Blossoms pattern before–it’s gorgeous!

I have only seen a few, but it is a great design….I think more people would make it id they saw it….but a lot of people are afraid of the curves :(

6. Pat Long says:

Is corduroy hard to hand quilt? The star quilt is absolutely awesome, and Teddy is very handsome.

I dont find it hard to hand quilt….in fact much easier than some other fabrics like denim or poly, most of the thickness in the fabric is in the fuzz not in the weave so it is not that difficult

7. Deb says:

Love the quilts!! Really like the one Teddy is on! Might have to give that design a try ! How big are blocks?
    Teddy’s right handsome with the bandana on!

Comments