Liberated Baskets Finished

Back In April I started a liberated basket quilt. see that post here http://timquilts.com/2014/05/27/something-new-and-old/

I finished hand quilting it today.

I used Aurifil 12 wt thread and a big stitch Quilting needle (Colonial Needle Co.) for the quilting.   The Batting is Mountain Mist Creme Rose, and the backing is unbleached Muslin.

After I got it out of the wash I took it outside to get some pictures.   (click pictures to enlarge)

It finished at 64″ x 78″

Teddy gave it a test inside on his chair.

While I was outside I took some more garden pictures

Happy Quilting/gardening

27 thoughts on “Liberated Baskets Finished

1. Debbie says:

I just love the basket quilt. The colors are so soothing.

2. sara says:

Love the colors, Teddy seems to think so, too! If it passes the Teddy test, you know it’s good! And of course the flowers are amazing!

3. Jan Smith says:

Such a great quilt, and the quilting is swoon-worthy!

4. katechiconi says:

The perfect quilt for a picnic on the grass – with a basket, of course! Lovely.

5. Jan cotton....kiwi jan says:

Really like your Liberated Baskets Tim and photographing it on the grass enhances the colours…your garden is wonderful as usual……I enjoy the photos of it ….thanks for sharing

6. Pamela says:

Love the the colors in your liberated baskets quilt. I especially like the wonky blocks around the baskets. I enjoy seeing your quilts and the garden pics.

7. Carolanne says:

Your quilt really suits the garden! Summer time, bees buzzing, clink of cold drinks and cool Teddy.

thanks….it does look like summer…….I think when I started it I was so ready for summer that it just happened.. I think my color choices were part of my subconscious mood

8. Helen Beall says:

Delightful basket quilt! Like the unbleached muslin choice for a back, too. Must get some for my next quilt.

I love to use that for the backing because it is easy to find in wide enough widths that it doesn’t need piecing….so one less step and one lees seam :)

9. audrey says:

Love the stitching! It’s a great quilt and so fun that it’s yours from start to finish.:)

10. Deb says:

Great looking quilt!! That quilt and Teddy look like they were made for each other ! :) Thanks for sharing more lovely flowers.

11. Rebecca says:

I just love this quilt! It looks like Spring!! Teddy has good taste in quilts. Always love the photos of the garden.

Thanks!…..I think I will try another similar one in different colors and see if I can get one that feels like winter…colors really do change the feeling

12. barbvedder says:

awesome quilt – and lovely flowers!

Comments