Look Through my Window

I was looking at some quilt blocks on the floor (my design area is the floor) and it occurred to me that I never remember to look out the window. (the window is on the second floor  and I have to look out and down to see the garden)   Earlier today we had a bit of a hail storm so when I looked out I was afraid that I might see all my flowers flattened.   Fortunately flowers a tough!

DSCN3514 DSCN3512

When I typed Look Through My Window the song by the Mamas and the Papas came to mind.

The blocks I was looking at are the blocks with the Interplay Fabrics

I have 8 of the 12 fabrics done and I should be done with the last 4 and ready to piece all the blocks together in a day or so.

DSCN3521 DSCN3520 DSCN3519 DSCN3517 DSCN3516 DSCN3511

For now back to hand quilting

12 thoughts on “Look Through my Window

1. Neame says:

Love how your melons are looking. Guess those split melons are seedless? Lovely garden, reminds me of one I had years ago. Thanks for the reminder.

2. Sharron Evans says:

I love the way the different fabrics look together!

3. katechiconi says:

Love your new background! It’s a good job you didn’t look out of the window and think of the other Mamas and Papas song: “all the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey…” (California Dreaming). Your garden looks a bit like a patchwork quilt itself.

4. Pamela says:

I really love your Interplay blocks. I wasn’t sure how those fabrics would turn out in the pattern, but really like it. You have a real eye for design.

5. Mimi says:

Picture of the garden “from the top” lends new ideas. I never noticed that your walk is brick! Love the garden from a new angle. The way you chug along we will be seeing your new quilt by Monday!

one of the things I love about the house is that old brick walk….after over 100 years its a bit wobbly but it is one of only a few let in the city of the original…most have long since been replaced with concrete …
      i am in hopes to have the top done Monday

6. Pat Long says:

The colors are just spectacular-both in the garden and the quilt!

Comments