Take My Picture

Teddy was sitting next to the hoop and looking up at me as if to say “take my picture”.   He is funny about pictures….he loves to be a photographed.

As soon as the picture was over he went back to work on his chew bone.

I have been working on some pretty detailed quilting on my snowflake quilt

DSCN3687 DSCN3684

here is the back

But it is time for a break from that for a bit so I will finish the Interplay quilt

Remember the vintage top I posted a few days ago?

I bought a wide backing fabric for it

and I am planning another new quilt.   I belong to a Facebook group “men who quilt”  and Scott Griffin organized a block swap with the members.

30 of us signed 6 inch squares of fabric and sent them to Scott who sorted them and mailed them back to us. They arrived yesterday.

I have a roll of fabric that I will use with the blocks

and I will post some pictures when I get going on that.  I’m excited to get to work on that and since they are all dated 2014 I feel compelled to do it this year :) .

14 thoughts on “Take My Picture

1. katechiconi says:

That’s a lovely idea, and I’ll look forward to seeing what you produce. Great choice of fabric for the backing, by the way!

2. Colleen says:

I am new to your blog and I must say…. Amaaazing! And I am a die-hard terrier lover… Teddy is so cute! I have westies and a Cairn. Can’t wait to see the snowflake quilt as you progress.

3. Sharon in Galesburg MI says:

I just love that little guy – Teddy is a real charmer!

Ooh, great backing fabric. And the Men Who Quilt project should be very cool.

5. Terri says:

Just wondering if on the snowflake quilt and the interplay do you consider that big stitch quilting? As with all your quilts they are awesome no matter what stitch it is!

6. Clara Zolud says:

And I am sure you will get the *Signature* quilt done this year, love the colors of the Jelly Roll. I have faith.
    I am just amazed how many projects you have going and actually advance on them. You know I love your work! I think it is also great that you have a group for :Men who quilt”, that is awesome! And I am sure that each and everyone of you respect each other. Biting my tongue….lol
    Happy quilting Tim!

7. Rebecca says:

You are making excellent progress on the snowflake quilt. It is going to be a show stopper! I like the backing fabric you got for the vintage top, it really goes with the top. My son has an American Bulldog named Captain, whenever he sees the camera in your hand he sits down and poses for a photo!

Comments