Piecing and hand quilting

I have some more of the hand quilting done on the Interplay Quilt.

The quilting thread is #8 perle cotton in black and a green color that I chose to blend with the prints.

The green doesn’t detract from the prints, and the black stands out well against the stripes and dots.

DSCN3710 DSCN3713 DSCN3712 DSCN3711

Here is a view of the back.

My Friend Carla (see her blog here) made me this Schnauzer Scissor Case.

Carla also has a Schnauzer rescue dog.  His name is Max and  he is quite a handsome boy.

I got some of the piecing done on the signature block project.  here it is on the “design floor”.

I wont make into a full-sized quilt with just the signature blocks so I might add more blank blocks to make it a larger quilt.   I will make that decision once I get this part finished.

Back to work for me!

TIMQUILTS - WIN_20140817_225551

15 thoughts on “Piecing and hand quilting

Go Carla and Max! So cute, that schnauzer scissors case. The signature block top is shaping up to be quite handsome. You’ll have to do a post of all the final quilts so that us women can see and appreciate them too.

2. Mary Ann says:

So happy to see another design floor. I know I’m not the only one. No Teddy today. Scratch his ears for me.

my big dream is to some day have a space with a design wall…but for now the floor does the trick, I also use the floor to bast quilts and block quilts….
      Teddy says HI

3. Karen says:

What size needle to you use with the #8 perle cotton, please?

4. Alex says:

Tim you’re doing well on your multi projects. I so enjoy watching your quilts evolve. Love the scissor case – absolutely beautiful – a very thoughtful gift. Please give Teddy a good scratch behing the ears for me.

Talking of scissors, I recently saw a BBC article around the last remaining scissor companies that hand make each pair, and how they are headed for closure. I didn’t know that scissors were still hand made. Stunning and sad at the same time. I’ve done my bit to support them and have bought a few (actually a few too many) pairs. I have no affiliation to the company. You might be interested to see either the videos or products from this site-> http://www.ernestwright.co.uk/

5. katechiconi says:

I do love the colours you’ve chosen for the Signature quilt – wouldn’t the finished signatures panel make a good centre for a medallion quilt…?

6. lnuge318 says:

Tim how do you quilt without pinning?

7. Pat Long says:

Your work continues to inspire!

8. Deb says:

Isn’t something how quilting always adds beauty to a quilt… Interplay was great looking as a top but now it is becoming gorgeous! Really like your ” design floor” :) the signature top is looking lovely.
    Nifty scissors case!