Its been raining off and on today and yesterday so I have not spent any time in the garden. I have been working on quilting but I didn’t want to show more pictures of that until It is done. I have been trying to think of something original to post about today so I decided to show another vintage UFO.
This Lone Star quilt top is nearly finished. I will just need to add the setting pieces to finish it and do a bit of patching.
It is 64″ wide so it will make a good-sized quilt.
There is a hole in it (likely mice)
Fortunately I have lots of the original fabric and the original makers template.
I have to decide what to put in those corners and since I have matching fabric I might do something like this:
Or I could do the traditional setting
There is no big rush to decide!…I have tons of others that are ready to go, but I am always thinking several quilts ahead.
In Floral Design class last night I taught about Tropical flowers and using negative space.