Changing Plans

Back in May I said that my next quilt would be this one.

I am still not sure of the quilting design.  I am working on the plan but it isn’t right yet so this one is going on hold and I will be doing this one instead.

This vintage house quilt top has been on my to-do list for a few years now and I think it will make a great quilt.  I will not have to do any marking I will just quilt it by eye so it should go pretty fast.  I have it all ready to pin baste so I can start quilting soon.

Meanwhile the Thousand Pyramids quilt is coming along well.

It is not easy to see the quilting but the area in the center without the pins is quilted

here is the back which shows the quilting better.

More updates coming soon

Happy quilting

17 thoughts on “Changing Plans

1. karen says:

what do you do with all of your quilts Tim – decorate? give away? sell?
    You do so many you must have quite a collection 🙂
    Karen

In the past I sold them….but the market on eBay is so low right now I can’t get anything close to a reasonable price…so for now I guess I “collect” them

2. Kate says:

Looking nice Tim, I love how you show us the back of the quilt as well. Your “houses” are fun, the maker must have had a really bubbly personality!

3. I can hardly wait to see what you do with this quilt!

4. Nelda says:

That house quilt is amazing..can’t wait to see it finished. Have you thought about selling on ETSY or Artfire. I go there first when I’m looking for hand made items.

This is just the best schoolhouse top I have seen — wow, usually they are such a mishmash of colors or completely uniform over the top. There was some intelligence going on there. Going to make a great quilt.

It does, that’s it – it looks like a neighborhood.

7. belinda says:

Ok, I would have started with the houses too!!

I.LIKE.

8. […] posted about the houses quilt top A few days ago.  I started to quilt it last night.  It always amazes me to see the transformation […]

9. […] started  hand quilting this quit on June 7 (see post)  And I finished it on July 8.  I am very happy with how it turned out.  As I wrote about earlier […]

Comments