AQS accepted my quilt

I was sitting at the table eating dinner Monday Night.  MY vicious attack dog started barking and ran for the door, ready to protect and defend the front porch.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

It was the postman at the door, and it was funny to see him jump!  Teddy really scared him!

He brought me a big envelope from Paducah KY, and I was afraid to open it, but it was a really big envelope so it must be good news.   It was! My pineapple quilt was accepted for the AQS Show in Grand Rapids MI this summer, August 22 – 25.

It is in the Hand quilting category.

This is the first time I submitted a quilt to an AQs show and I am pretty excited about it being accepted.

Here are a few pictures of the quilt. (click to enlarge) and here is the post all about making it.

If you go to the AQS show in Grand Rapids be sure to visit my quilt..I will likely be there standing next to it the whole time trying to overhear what people have to say about it.

50 thoughts on “AQS accepted my quilt

1. karenfae says:

Tim that is wonderful news for you! Congratulations – just getting it into the show is an accomplishment – good luck on getting a ribbon of some sort.
    Karen

Congrats! It just has to be a purple ribbon! At least a blue for your insane quilting! 🙂

Congratulations! Ah, it’s always uplifting to see talent and hard work rewarded. How wonderful! And you’re going to be best in show, too. Teddy looks proud already (and possibly chagrined at almost driving away the good news). That is great news.

That Grand Rapids trip does sound fun — I’ve never been to an AQS show. Also, I must tell you, the State of Michigan is running extremely attractive tourism ads in the New York TV market. Every time we see one of those ads, I joke with Andrew that Michigan looks so extremely beautiful, we ‘re just going to move in with you in Lansing. Thought I’d give you some warning – one more of those ads might push us over the edge.

hahahaha
      those Pure Michigan ads…(voice over done by Tim Allen) sure do make the state look good….to bad lansing is not one of the beauty spots 😦

• Kristen says:

Those ads are better than any others I can remember recently — I think you’re getting good value for your tax dollars there. Maine does some good ones, but Michigan’s are better. I’m sure that there will be some New Yorkers venturing out your way to be amazed at the countryside beauty and confused/surprised by the uncomplicated Midwestern friendliness.

They are welcome to come and spend money!
        But seriously there are some very beautiful places to see in Michigan…I might even try to see some this summer! I has been a few years since I have ventured into the upper peninsula…that to me is where the natural beauty is

4. cindy Ching says:

Tim, Congratulations!!!!!!! I love that Quilt. If I was a judge it would be number one!!!! It is a beautiful quilt from especially with the Hawaiian Pineapple. Good Luck!!!

5. Congratulations! It is a big accomplishment to be accepted and I hope your quilt does well. The amount of handquilting is just staggering!

6. antarabesque says:

That is fabulous! Congratulations! They couldn’t have selected a better person, or better quilt to represent hand quilting. Your talent goes beyond the material results, extending to the passion for quilting, antique and classic fabrics and educating others on this creatively fulfilling vocation. Blessings on your adventure, I know you will do well.

7. Ann Hancock says:

Hi Tim
    Congratulations, what fabulous news. Argh, I will not be in MI for the show…I would REALLY have loved to see it.

BTW, I saw a Pure Michigan ad while I was in Alaska! They are great.

It is so worthy of being in that show and I wish you luck…but you won’t need it; it stands on its own merits.

Thanks Ann!
      Sorry that you wont be in MI for the show but I will bve sure to take lots of pictures!! Hope that you had a great time in Alaska
      stay cool and happy Gardening
      Yim

8. Beth Donaldson says:

Yay! Two Lansing guys have quilts in the show. I can’t wait. Hope to see you and your quilt in Grand Rapids.

9. Thank goodness we have you to inspire the rest of us!! Congratulations…what an honour!!

10. Great news…congratulations!

11. belinda says:

YEY…YIPPEE…clapping!! W-a-y- to go!!!……..and by the way, I am jealous of your hostas!!!!

12. Cathi says:

Congratulations!! It is a stunningly beautiful quilt!

13. audrey says:

Maybe you can slip a little recording device onto your quilt somewhere! Congratulations! You definitely deserve this after all your hard work and this quilt is absolutely fabulous.

14. Suzy says:

Congratulations! It’s an amazing show, being a home town girl we go every year.
    see you there 🙂

15. Kathleen Campbell says:

CONGRATULATIONS! x10
    Lovely quilt. I wish I could be there

16. Kathleen Campbell says:

BTW Your puppy is a sweety.

17. Beautiful! Congrats! ..and thank you for being a role model for hand quilting.

18. Pip says:

Beautiful quilt, the hand quilting is what makes it stand out to me, you must be very happy indeed.

19. dustin says:

i’m sure there is only be good things said around this. it’s beautiful.!

Thanks!
      I hope so…never had a quilt in a show before so not that many people see my quilts in real life….which is very different from internet pictures

20. Congrats, Tim! Be sure to take a photo in context and post it after the show!

21. deb says:

Tim that is just tremendous!! Bravo Bravo and much deserved the quilting is just astronomical!! love the quilt quilt. I am sure you will only hear wonderful critiques about your quilt

22. Judi Fibush says:

Tim,

That is just stupendous. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for a big blue ribbon for you

23. Congratulations Tim! I will be in Michigan and certainly look for your quilt!

24. sewfrench says:

I’m so excited to *know* someone in to my first AQS quilt show experience. It’s a gorgeous quilt, I’m so excited for you!!! Woo Hoo!!

Comments