I have been enjoying hand piecing more than I ever thought that I would. I had so much fun re-doing the last few fan quilts that I felt like another one was in order. I didn’t find a fan quilt top that interested me but I did find the start of a single wedding ring quilt top.
I can see why she didn’t finish it, those red pieces were giving her fits, they didn’t fit…at least not flat.
I can envision it finished and I think It could be great…here is one from the quilt index
Mine is much newer….I do have templates for the small pieces
Funny thing to use for a template….a check register
So I can assume that the top was started some time in the 70’s or there about.
I have a few stacks of pieces
and a few of the large pieces
It doesn’t show in the picture but one of those red circles was sewn in and taken out a few times based on the holes in the edges and the threads let in.
I also have some more rings
They are quite a mix of fabric, cotton, poly, blends, but I think they are great.
They stand out great against the red
It will be a challenge to match that tomato-red fabric exactly, I may need to replace it all (they need to come out anyway to fit them better)
I don’t have enough of the vintage fabric to make a large quilt (48″ x 64″ with what I have)….but I do have lots and lots of mismatched blocks from the same era…I might try to combine them in a creative way….This requires some thought…hmmmmm…I will let you know what I come up with