Vintage Strip Quilt Finished

I worked all day yesterday and finished the quilt.  My hands are tired but it was worth it!

Finished size is 71″ x 84″ after washing.

Here is what I started with, a top that was unquiltable.  See how I fixed it here.

here is the end product on the spare bed

I used cotton batting and the binding is the backing brought to the front.  Here is the back.

The hand quilting is done with about 450 yards of crochet thread.

I think it looks great

I am off to Grand Rapids for the AQS quilt show this afternoon.  I am bringing the laptop so I will be able to blog …

16 thoughts on “Vintage Strip Quilt Finished

It IS great! Check that one off the list!

2. Barbara Wells says:

Love the finished quilt! Looks great from the back, too, love the whole cloth look. Have a great time at the quilt show!

3. Kathleen Campbell says:

Congrats! It is beautiful.
    Enjoy the show and send photos,

Kathleen

4. audrey says:

Such a great quilt. I love how the stitching compliments the quilt so incredibly well!

5. Gerrie says:

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I’m also looking forward to the gingham quilt finish. Have you decided on your next project?

6. Cathi says:

Another beautiful finish. Do you keep track of how many hours it takes you to quilt a top?

I should keep track of it but I don’t. Sometimes I spend several hours a day quilting, but it is so broken up..a few min here a half hour there…always working on a quilt while watching TV in the evening…but I have so many different quilts going on at once that I just have not tried to separate it out to see

7. Faith Swanson says:

I think it looks awesome! Very nice.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )