AQS…day 2..more to buy

I really and truly didn’t come to the show only to buy things….but…..

I was very conservative in the morning, Just a package of my favorite quilting needles

I have some size 10 but I like to have a variety of sizes so size nine is good.

Yesterday I got a tote bag and that small purchase seemed a bit lonely in that big bag…so I found something I can always use to help fill it up…25 fat quarters of 30’s reproduction fabric.

Many of the old quilt tops that I have waiting in line are 30’s prints and its good to have some extra on hand for repairs, binding, borders etc.  One of the fabrics looks like Teddy

I did not plan to get any more fabric, but when I saw this bunch I had to get it too….assorted flannel to make a log cabin

They had the fabric bundled like this to go with a pattern they had for sale, I think I will modify that because I am not a fan of following a pattern…I like to change it up and make it my own.

Yesterday I looked for a wooden quilting hoop (I want better quality than the 4 dollar craft store kind)…I didn’t find one…I found this instead.

I cant wait to try it out!

It is from Yoder Department Store, Shipshewana, IN

I bought a thimble yesterday and the picture was bad so here it is again

It came from Jean S Lyle  www.jslyle.com…they also had singer 221 machines and 221 sewing tables…at great prices.

People have told me that they looked for me at the show and didn’t find me..so here is a picture of me at my quilt….

It is so nice to meet you!  Enjoy the show!

38 thoughts on “AQS…day 2..more to buy

1. Mike Pearson says:

Looks like you are having fun! Funny, I bought a tote also last time I went to a show and I felt like I had to fill it too!!!

Obviously you have not been to enough quilt shows to know that when you buy a tote or they GIVE you one, the rule is you have the obligation to FILL IT UP! It’s the RULES! And I always go by the rules!
    Good buys!

3. Sue says:

Well of course you have to fill your tote! I had no problem filling mine 😀 And I bought a bundle of that wonderful flannel too 🙂
    Very nice hoop stand!

4. Dolores says:

That’s wool flannel, isn’t it? Not cotton flannel?
    Nice to see there are people out there that can’t resist fabric and the other goodies that go with quilting. Sounds like a lot of good bargoons to be had. Sounds like you’re having fun too. Good to see you. It’s always nice when one can put a face to a name – and to their work.

5. Ann says:

I am drooling over all your goodies. What fun!! Can’t wait to see what the new fabric gets made into. That flannel looks scrumptious. I can almost feel it, even from Maine.

6. Kathleen Campbell says:

Tim, Do you know that you look like a lot of other guys! Tall, thin and glasses but the smile on your face says it all.
    Nice to meet you altho’ I live about 1000 miles away.
    Kathleen

7. Please keep us posted about your new quilt frame! I am also looking for something different than my little hoop.
    Kerry

I will do that….as soon as I get home I am going to get a quilt in it and try it out!!…I am kicking myself for not bringing one to the show with me to work on!!!

8. antarabesque says:

That is a beautiful quilt frame! Absolutely gorgeous. Flannel too, I have the same thing planned for a special someone’s Christmas gift. Nice to meet you btw.

9. Byrd says:

Thanks for the updates – l-o-v-e those 30s repros. I just bought my first pack of Bohin needles (crewel/embroidery size 9) recommended for big stitch quilting. Can’t wait to try them! Take care, Byrd

10. cmosey says:

Hey…. I know that guy! Glad you spent some of your $$ on some fun stuff. I hope to do the same tomorrow!

11. Karen says:

LOL – you can’t go to a quilt show and not come home without making at least a little bit of purchases! I always take home more than I intend to or need 🙂 love that quilting hoop with the stand.
    Karen

12. Sandra Henderson says:

Oh, oh, oh!!!!~ that is the kind of hoop that I have been wanting!!~ long story. Oh wow! Love it! Can they be ordered online? Let me know how you like it. Looks like it swivels. Just walked in the door from a long day in Jacksonville, FL, had to take my DH to the VA. SOOOOO nice to have a lovely face to your name and work!~ Thanks for that! Your reply was very impressive with all you do honey (yesterday). I’m proud of you!!!!! You get a lot done , considering your work,etc. Everything you do is creative. More later. XO

13. Barbara Wells says:

I have a floor quilt frame similar to the one you just bought and absolutely love it. Bought it years ago and it is seldom empty. I also use a Q-snap frame because I drag them all over the house. Frame hoop is in front of the TV and the Q-snap is usually on the porch in the summer. Always work on more than one quilt at a time. I like options!

I drag mine all over too….that is why I thought this would work well for me….I cant move around a full sized floor frame but this seems like I can move it to where I want to work….I have one similar to this that is so cheaply made that it will not hold a full quilt…it keeps coming unscrewed…I hope this one is better…it sure looks well made and solid

14. sewfrench says:

Oh man… I didn’t know there would be so much cool stuff for sale….
    I should have went today in addition to tomorrow…
    I’m going to pick me up these needles and maybe a new style thimble, at least!

15. Vicki says:

Thanks so much for the info on the thimble! The Lyle website was having problems tonight, so I’ll be on the lookout for it soon. (going to a show in PA in a couple of weeks) Aren’t the BOHIN needles THE BEST? I love them for appliqué…the #12s are so thin, they just glide through the fabric. Your new hoop looks wonderful…very sturdy. You have great finds!…and, good to meet you, too! Be careful….we all know what you look like now!

16. Cathi says:

I’ve never seen the Bohin needles here, but I am going to look for them at our Creativ Festival in October. If you recommend them for hand quilting, they must be fabulous!
    Love the quilt hoop you found – it looks like you’ll get a lot of use out of it.

17. Louise says:

I have never seen Bohin needles but will look for them now. I have my mothers quilting hoop which she always used propped up on the kitchen table. I have a hard time using it because I do not have a good place to prop it up. Your new quilt frame looks great with its own stand. I hope you post a picture for us when you start using it!

18. belinda says:

That’s YOU??? Why I had you pictured with longer flowing locks, perhaps a ponytail!!! HA!

Comments