I couldn’t wait to get started on this one so I got it all ready to go. I added a black border to make the proportions better for a bed size. It is now 82″ x 102″.
As you can see the wrinkles and puckers are still there…I will quilt some of that out but for the most part I will let it be.
I am using a poly batting because I wanted the extra loft to help fill out the puffy spots, and I believe that whoever made this top would have been likely to use a poly batting, It seems right for the era of the quilt.
I don’t know how long the hand quilting will take….give me a week and I will either have an answer or have it done.