Quilting started

I worked yesterday on quilting the scrappy quilt.  I got one band down the center finished.

Here is the back.

I am just quilting…no plan except to follow the stripes in the fabrics that are striped.

Here is the log cabin that I have been working on.

I am using a chalk pencil to do a sketch of the quilting in the red bands…I found that without marks I have a hard time seeing where I was going.  It is going faster than I thought it would, and I am loving the results.

More updates soon

15 thoughts on “Quilting started

1. Willy Wonky says:

Glad you were able to jump off the deep end and let it fly on the strippy quilt. Good choice of batting. I really think you’re going to be pleased you did it that way.

2. Barbara says:

I’m beginning to think you are faster than machine! Are you sure you’re human? Thanks so much for sharing your thought processes and beautiful work.

3. Love the photo on your blog header!
    And I am wondering how many quilts you have on the go right now?
    Honestly?!? I’m thinking you must be “Tim’s Team” of quilters, because surely one human can’t be this prolific?!?

rith now I am working on the 2 that I posted about today and there are 2 more that I sarted quilting and set aside because I was not feeling the love for them (i will get back to them some day) and I have 2 that I am re-making…piecing….one applique project, and 2 new ones that I want to start soon

I like. The quilting patterns jibes so well with the top.

5. I love the swirly quilting on the log cabin quilt! It would never have occurred to me to contrast the quilting pattern with the piecing pattern! I think that touch of unpredictability elevates the whole quilt.

6. gonerustic says:

These look great – you’re letting the quilt tops ‘speak’ to you! =D

7. Cathi says:

You amaze me. You are so quick — I hope you do a video of you hand quilting at some point. I have a feeling your fingers are just flying!

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )