Logs and Trees

I am working on and off on quilting the flannel log cabin quilt.

Here is the back.

The quilting is a bit different through flannel because of the thickness but not difficult.

for my next project I drew out a Tree of Life pattern on a piece of muslin

It is 45″ x 56″  and will be a whole cloth wall hanging.

I am using wool batting and the same muslin for the backing.

This one might take a while

17 thoughts on “Logs and Trees

1. antarabesque says:

Ambitious quilting for the Tree of Life. It will be beautiful!

2. Gerrie says:

I am already impressed at the intricate marking on your Tree of Life. The completed quilt will be gorgeous.

3. mamaraby says:

Oh, wow! *Love* the Tree of Life one.

4. Sue says:

Oh my goodness! Your tree of life looks like a lot of work, but I am sure it will be so beautiful when done.

5. Marcia Ahlbrand says:

LOVE the Tree of Life wholecloth!! WOW!!

6. Carla says:

Love your pumpkins and am so amazed by your tree of life! Are you planning on using a matching or contrasting thread when you stitch it?

7. Cathi says:

Your Tree of Life is going to be amazing! I can’t wait to see that one once you get a start on it. WIth the speed at which you quilt, I imagine we’ll see the finished piece in no time.

8. cmosey says:

Oh my goodness, the Tree of Life is fantastic! I hope you’ll bring that when you come speak to our quilt guild next July! That’s going to be a beauty! I’ve thought about making a whole cloth for a long time, but never had. Maybe I need to take the plunge?!?!?

Comments