I have been busy working on the whole cloth quilt. (this one is going to take a while so I hope you don’t get tired of seeing it) I think I have gotten past my initial problems with the batik backing fabric. It is more difficult to quilt than muslin, but after a few days or working with it I have found that it feels normal now. I think my initial problem was simply that it was so different from the previous quilt.
I have also found that I do much better and more even stitching if I wear glasses…..I have an appointment with the eye doctor next week but for now the drugstore magnifiers are working fine. In the past I have only worn glasses to do applique, but it is helping on the quilting this time.
I am quilting only what is marked for now ( the top was marked years ago by an unknown person when I bought it from eBay) once I get all that done I will go back and add a lot more. I plan to fill in the areas between the feathers in the center and double some of the lines…and add some more detail. I will make those decisions when I get there. Getting the basic quilting done first will make it easier to deal with because all the pins will be gone and I wont have to worry about bunching or puckers.
Here are some more pictures of the front and the back…click to enlarge