Christams Quilt Progress

I am making progress on the vintage tablecloth Christmas quilt.   The border takes the longest time but I think it adds a lot to the overall look so it is worth it.

I hope to finish this up soon and get it washed.  I want to put it on the dining room table, it will be a decoration that takes up no room at all!

here are some more pictures (click to enlarge)

Happy  Quilting

14 thoughts on “Christams Quilt Progress

1. I love the way you are quilting the border, may have to steal your idea for a mini I just made.

2. Karen says:

coming along so nicely – it looks great!

3. Sue says:

What a lovely quilt. I do love your quilting on the border. How do you come up with these great ways to quilt? That is always my struggle :/

I am not sure how I got the idea for the border quilting…I started at the corner doing a grid and I liked the diagonal lines it was creating and just thought that if I switched to straight lines it would form a great pattern, so it kinda happened as I was doing it.

4. Bobbie Davis says:

It’s beautiful! You are amazing!

5. Cathi says:

I love the effect you’re getting with the quilting on the border. That was a fabulous idea!

6. audrey says:

Great border work! Such a wonderful idea for another Christmas decoration. I will definitely be keeping my eye out for a special Christmas tablecloth/quilt now!

7. Sue says:

It’s really coming along so nicely, Tim. What a great table covering it will be.

BTW…I really love your new background with the snowflakes. Yesterday’s tutorial was a good one. I’ve been cutting out some flakes here at the house 🙂

Wow thats great to hear…..I am still having a hard time not cutting out snowflakes….I need to finish the tree….but having so much fun with the snowflakes

Comments