Tree of life…lets see what happens

I finished up the Tree of life whole cloth quilt a few weeks ago.  I had planned to send it in for consideration to AQS in Grand Rapids for 2013.  I got an email from AQS a while ago and they said that the deadline for submissions for the Lancaster show had been changed from Nov 19 to Dec 3.  so at the last minute I decided to go for it and sent in the form and pictures. I will still send it in for Grand Rapids if they don’t take it in Lancaster

you can see I took a ton of pictures at various settings to get a good shot….for the application you need a full picture and a detail picture.  (click pictures to enlarge)

31 thoughts on “Tree of life…lets see what happens

1. ginny buckles hardy says:

Just gorgeous !!!!!

If that doesn’t take the top prize, they need new judges!

3. Regan Martin says:

OH! I’m so excited I might get to see this in person! I’m going to Lancaster this next year! Yippee!

4. Sue says:

Well, it sure is a beauty and I am wishing you the best of luck with it!

5. fibercrush says:

It is amazing! I love that it’s your original design — which is really beautiful in and of itself — and you hand quilted it yourself.

6. Cathi says:

I can’t imagine them not taking it — it is so stunning!

7. Sue Watters says:

That is absolutely amazing quilting. I deserves to be in a premier show.
    They must be blind if it’s not accepted .

8. audrey says:

It’s an amazing quilt Tim. I’m glad you’re so willing to try for a spot in a prestigious show with a quilt that will well and truly represent the beauty and art of hand quilting. Kudos to you!

I was thinking that was the one to go. We must get to Lancaster. And Lancaster is not THAT far from NYC! You’ll be driving, right?

10. Reblogged this on Country By Design's Blog and commented:
    Here’s what traditional whole cloth quilting looks like. I’ve got a long way to go!

11. This is amazing! It’s a winner in my book.

12. It is gorgeous. I can’ t wait to see it in Grand Rapids next year. 🙂

13. Crispy says:

Truly an amazing quilt!!!!

Crispy

14. Tim, your work just blows me away! Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing these great pictures. Incredible work. Congratulations, you!

15. Judy Fletcher says:

I love the tree of life design. Wish I could see it I person.

Comments