Framed Snowflakes

I had to try a few of the snowflakes I have been making in frames.  I got some frames 50% off  and used spray adhesive to attach the snowflakes to some glittery black paper and that was all it took.  I did have to make snowflakes to fit the frames, the opening is only  8″ so these had to be small…so they aren’t as “fancy” as some I have done.

2012_020212-4-1200022012_020212-4-120012

2012_020212-4-120011

Check out what my friend Bill at Wonkyworld did with snowflakes….he made a book!!

Kathie from Inspired by Antique Quilts is planning to use snowflakes as a quilting design in a quilt she is working on and I cant wait to see it!

I also made a few more of the 18″ snowflakes

2012_020212-4-120018

2012_020212-4-1200212012_020212-4-120019

Now back to quilting

14 thoughts on “Framed Snowflakes

1. Sue says:

What do you mean these aren’t as fancy as your others?! They are waaay fancier than those I’m cutting out!
    Such a beautiful way to frame them!

2. njquilter24 says:

what a great idea! these would make beautiful gifts
    I am sewing as fast as I can so I can hand quilt the snowflakes, now how silly is that! but true!
    Kathie

3. ginny buckles hardy says:

OMG!!! Thats GORGEOUS!!!!! “my mentor”….haha!

4. Carla says:

Loving all the snowflakes. It is raining here ans 73 degrees, guess I will make some paper snow flakes this afternoon!

5. The Frugal Quilter says:

LOVE these! Your imagination is ENDLESS! The Santa with his boots in the air out of the chimney CRACKS me UP!~ lol
    You know, you could do patriotic cuttings during the summer. I am fascinated with silhouettes. Eagles, stars, etc. I think you can do ANYTHING!~

6. adaisygarden says:

Great gift idea! I love the red background, too.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )