Back to quilting

I had fun with snowflakes and tree decorating, but I had to get back to quilting!  The current project continues to develop.  I will be working on it for quite some time yet, but It is good to spread it out and take a look once in a while…

When I started I was having trouble with the batik backing fabric but I got used to it and it is no problem.

Here are some pictures.  It is not easy to get a clear picture of the quilting on the back but you can get the idea. (click to enlarge)

And here is the Santa Tree

2011_0130santa-trees-20110001 2011_0130santa-trees-20110006

10 thoughts on “Back to quilting

1. Kathleen Campbell says:

A Santa tree is a great idea and yours is beautiful! Of course I like the Scotsman best.

2. Karen says:

love the batik backing on that quilt – the design really looks good on it.

thanks Karen….I bought the backing fabric just because I really liked it…I didnt know what I was going to do with it….but I am glad I decided to use it on this

3. Karen says:

What a gorgeous quilt, your work is inspiring. I too am a hand quilter but definitely not in your category, so glad I discovered your blog.

4. Sue says:

What gorgeous quilting on your quilt. I love those feathers!

Great santa tree. Where did you find such wonderful santas? Those are quite neat.

Thanks Sue

most of the Santas were gifts over the years….the collection continues to grow and I have not bought one myself in years…they are all the more special when they are gifts

How many trees are you putting up this year, Tim?

Comments