Next Christmas Quilt?

I have so many vintage and antique quilt tops that I sometimes forget what I have.  I remembered this one today.  The pattern is called “Modernistic Star” and was published in 1931 but it looks like snowflakes to me.  I think it could easily be a Christmas quilt. (hand quilted of course)

modernistic star quilt top

I also think this one with all the stars looks rather Christmas like

2010_06134-27-11-tops0013

So many quilts so little time!

and another snowflake…(enter giveaway here)…I am getting so many of these made that I will draw 2 winners

2012_020812-10-120002 2012_020812-10-120001

14 thoughts on “Next Christmas Quilt?

I would think that you still have time to get that top one quilted before Christmas, still plenty of days…..

2. You are right–it’s all about having enough time!

3. Byrd says:

They are exquisite tops. They whisper Christmas so peacefully. What a treat for the eyes – thanks! Take care, Byrd

Thanks!…when I bought them i was not thinking Christmas but I think they do fit the theme…and I love that they are not common patterns that I see all the time

4. Cathi says:

Modernistic Star definitely looks like a Christmas quilt! You quilt so fast I almost can imagine you getting this one done before Christmas this year!

5. Lisa says:

So who says that you have to finish a Christmas quilt by Christmas. Last year I started handquilting one at Thanksgiving. Someone asked if it would be done by Christmas and I replied , it doesn’t matter. In progress, the quilt is a Christmas decoration as I quilt each evening. I didn’t have one ready for quilting this year but my attitude would be the same. I am enjoying last year’s quilt….. I am up to three lapsize Christmas quilts and I have started piecing one for next year’s “Christmas decorating.” These are both beautiful and will be enjoyed whenever you complete…….

6. audrey says:

Great pineapple snowflake! Your star quilts are wonderful too. I especially like the second one as it seems to have so much movement and spark!

7. Lisa Mikel says:

Your quilt tops are beautiful. They do look christmasy. I would love to see them with your lovely quilting on them when you have time. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing all your creations with us. Lisa

Comments