Half Way

I have almost finished 1/2 of the whole cloth quilt I am working on.

2012_020912-11-120002

I always start in the middle and work out to the edges.  I will now go back to the middle and work out to the other end.

After that I will go back to the middle and begin to add the additional quilting.

The center had the grid work done as it will be in the rest of the quilt.

2012_020912-11-120006

and I will stipple between the feathers and do an additional line of quilting around the feathers

2012_020912-11-120007

Lots and lots more to go!

Here are some pictures (click to enlarge)

23 thoughts on “Half Way

1. Sharon Eshlaman says:

Your whole cloth is amazing. WOW. And I see you love Teddy as much as I love my little dog. I’m enjoying your blog – so glad I found it.

Absolutely stunning! Hoping to see the finished quilt by Friday!

3. cmosey says:

OMG! That’s for me, right? There aren’t words enough to describe how gorgeous this is, Tim!

4. Sharon Snow says:

Your whole quilts are amazing!! I wish I could spend that much time a day quilting.. I try to.

5. Sue says:

It’s really beautiful, Tim. Are you going to show this one when its finished.

6. gonerustic says:

This is stunning – such meticulous work! Beautiful … and please say to Teddy from Tasmania! =D

7. Cathi says:

This is stunning. There is no other word for it!
    That’s a wonderful picture of Teddy — he’s so adorable.

8. Sue says:

Simply wonderfull !!!!!!!!!

9. This is beautiful! I can’t wait to see it completed. Absolutely awesome!!!

10. audrey says:

I’m curious about something Tim. Most quilters advise quilting from the middle to the outside, in kind of a continuous rotation. Why do you quilt from the middle clear out to the edges? Your quilt is really beautiful by the way. You almost convince me to try a whole cloth quilt.:)

I do start in the center and work out to the edges but only half of the quilt at a time….the reason is that it is easier for me to do it that way….the reason to start in the center and work out to the edges is so that if there are any wrinkles that develop along the way you can work them out to the edges as you go….I can still do that if I do 1/2 at a time but for me the quilting gets easier and faster as I get closer to the edge…..so I get to the edge faster this way…the I go back and do the other side….from the center and out to the edge ….

Comments

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )