New Thimble

I have posted pictures in the past of my antique thimble collection.  I got a new one today as a Birthday Present! 2012_0214new-thimblr0003

I love old thimbles.  I can’t use them because I can not ever find one to fit, but I love them so they go in the display case.

Some more pictures (click to enlarge)

18 thoughts on “New Thimble

1. Lynn says:

Hope your Birthday was great. Love your collection. Also your display is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

2. Carla says:

Have you ever thought about asking a jeweler to alter or make a thimble for you? Your collection is wonderful, I’m sure their original owners are glad that they are being cherished.

I have thought about it, and I might do it some day, I have a jeweler that I like in downtown Lansing who works on my antique clocks, and I know that they could do it….

Happy Birthday Tim, you holiday baby!

4. Siobhan says:

I bought a bag of thimbles at a boot sale in England (like a flea market!) that has kept me in thimbles for years! None of them were “good” but they had a wide range of sizes so I can pretty much find one to fit no matter which finger(s) I want to use, the weather, or the meds (all these effect my hands!)

5. karen says:

my mom’s birthday was today too – hope you had a good one and lots more to come – of course you can’t find a thimble to fit 🙂 I think whoever makes thimbles forget that there are some men quilters are here in quilt land as well and they have bigger fingers most times than women

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

you are right about thimble makers!….(and most of the marketing in all quilting magazines, etc)…they forget that there re some men who quilt

6. Cathi says:

Happy Birthday, Tim! I hope you had a fabulous day.
    That is a gorgeous thimble — great addition to your wonderful display of thimbles.

7. Happy Birthday! The thimble is beautiful – as are the others. You have a wonderful collection!

8. Lorid says:

Happy birthday! I hope your day was extra special!

9. Kathleen Campbell says:

Beautiful! Good choice. Happy, Happy Birthday.

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )