12 quilts of 2012

I am fairly confident that I will NOT finish another quilt before the new year.  The one I am working on is going to take longer than the few weeks that are left in 2012.  I did make it a goal at the start of the year to finish 12 quilts this year.  I didn’t know it until I added them up today but I did finish 12!

1. Feb 1 Log Cabin
  2. Feb 26 Denim
  3. April 5 Tobacco flags
  4. May 25 Fans
  5. June 2 Wild goose chase
  6. July 9 Houses
  7. August 21 Strip quilt
  8. Sept 7 Thousand Pyramids
  9. Sept 20 Utility
  10. Oct 27 Strip variation
  11. Nov 2 Tree of life
  12. Dec 1 Christmas Tablecloth

I don’t know If I can do this many quilts every year….It depends on the quilting.  Here is the 2012 Gallery         (click pictures to enlarge)

36 thoughts on “12 quilts of 2012

1. karen says:

I remember you saying you wanted to finish 12 quilts this year and thought that was a very ambitious number!! but as the months went by and I continued to see your progress I felt that you very well could make it although I had lost track of how many you did — job well done Tim

2. quiltmaker1 says:

Excellent! and no skimping on the quilting, either. You inspire. I also had goals for 2012 but not that ambitious. I will be posting with year-end results on my blog at the end of next week…. but I can’t compete with you! Happy Quilting in 2013.

Amazing progress! Now can we start bidding on them today or are you just going to wrap them and you need 12 people’s addresses? We will pay the postage!

4. That’s an amazing amount of excellent work! Hand quilting takes so much time, I don’t know how you managed to finish 12. Be honest – do you really sleep?

5. audrey says:

I definitely remember you mentioning your goal of finishing 1 quilt a month and wow! look at the line-up! Congratulations on keeping your INCREDIBLE goal! They are wonderful, amazing quilts to be proud of.:)

6. Sharon Eshlaman says:

After admiring your quilts and all your work – I’m speechless. Unbelievable!

Thanks…..It does look like a lot when you see it all together….I really didnt think there were that many until I added them all up…..in my house the saying is “quilts happen”

7. Mina says:

You have some real beauties in there

8. Chrisanna says:

Hi TIm. These are all so beautiful. I think I found your blog around the same time you were starting on the fans quilt. I know you’ve commented now and again that you have so many quilts yet to do…but what an accomplishment this year! I am new to quilting ..i have pieced a few but have not hand quilted…yet…you encourage me to try.

9. antarabesque says:

Amazing accomplishment and they are each and every one beautiful. Congrats on meeting your goal for 2012.

10. adaisygarden says:

Wow! That’s amazing. They are beautiful and you’ve certainly done a tremendous job! What’s your secret?? I’d like to do maybe half of that in 2013 🙂 but would like to know if there’s any “tips” you’d like to share.

when I first started hand quilting I was very slow, I think I got 2 done in the first year….this is year 6 of hand quilting and I was able to do 12….I think the secret is lots of practice….I just got faster over time, the other secret is that I quilt for at least 4 hours every day!

• adaisygarden says:

Thanks for the tip! I think I’ll try to “schedule” in times of hand quilting every night while I “watch” TV or movies. I find it’s very relaxing and therapeutic for me.

11. Cathi says:

What a treat to see them all again in one place! I knew you had quilted a lot this year, but didn’t realize you had done 12. What an accomplishment. Can’t wait to see what your goal for next yer will be!

Well done, Tim — bravo!

13. njquilter24 says:

congrats, this is such a MAJOR accomplishment, one I know I could never do! Merry Christmas , enjoy every minute of the holidays and thanks for all the inspiration this year I am always motivated after reading your posts!
    Kathie

14. Judy says:

What an accomplishment! Congratulations on reaching your 2012 goal! Love reading your blog – its a constant inspiration!! I especially enjoy seeing the close-up pics of your quilting progress on each new project.You have motivated me to try and finish some of my UFO’s in 2013! Enjoy the holidays!

15. belinda says:

…..swoon…….sigh…….awesome!

I’m a TIM groupee don’t cha know!!!

16. I would love to have a list like that! Beautiful quilts one and all! Thanks for showing them in all their glory!

17. jolcrafty says:

What a wonderful list to have, Fantastic one and all! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Comments