The world didn’t end….I think I will quilt

Since the world didn’t end I feel like it is worthwhile to continue quilting.

I wonder if the crazy people with the aluminum foil hats and the doomsday “documentaries” from the history channel on TiVo  are disappointed? I think they were really counting on it.

Anyway I finished the grid section of the hand quilting on the whole cloth quilt and I am ready to start the outer feathers.  Once they are done I can go back and start at the center again and do all the filling in.

Here are some pictures.  The quilt really is white but the color looks different depending on the light.  I took some pictures in very low light today because it shows the quilting the best. (click pictures to enlarge)

Happy quilting

34 thoughts on “The world didn’t end….I think I will quilt

1. Siobhan says:

It looks wonderful. I think they will decide they weren’t reading the calendar correctly and it is really 2021….time for more documentaries!

2. Linda Cronise says:

Tim,
    This is so beautiful !! How many hours have you spent on this? What size is this? It seems like you have accomplished alot in a short amount of time. Definitely a heirloom.
    Linda

I started this on Nov 3 (it is about 90″ square)…I did a christmas quilt in there too so its hard to say how many hours on this one…..I think at this point about 120

3. Sandra henderson says:

You crack me up! Lol , so true. I m still mystified by Machu Pichu! Amazing…
    Gorgeous quilt. You do so so much! Merry Christmas!

4. Cathi says:

Oh, my goodness — how absolutely stunning!

5. adaisygarden says:

I forgot all about Dec. 21 until I read your post! Pretty funny! Your quilt is so beautiful.

6. Carla says:

It would have been a shame if you wouldn’t have been able to finish this beauty!

7. Carla says:

Tim did you hear about the snowflake drive for the school at New Town, CT? Bonnie Hunter of quiltville posted it on fb and Janet from QWU also posted about it!

8. I have this compelling urge to quilt! Maybe that’s what the Mayans were trying to tell us… 🙂

And your quilt is amazingly gorgeous!!

9. gonerustic says:

Bravo! I couldn’t think of a better way to to go than to go out quilting … <=D

10. Stella says:

Oh WOW, I can’t believe it!!
    It is fantastic.

11. njquilter24 says:

just incredible….keep going and enjoy the process
    kathie

12. belinda says:

Yes, those wearing their aluminum hats would have like to at least seen some sort of “big blast” in the sky……..snap crackle pop!! ha!

As for your fantabulous quilting…..carry on!!!!

13. Reblogged this on Country By Design's Blog and commented:
    Your quilts are amazing! Please keep sharing them with us!!

14. Your work and your quilts are amazing! Please continue to show us updates of your progress. I don’t think I have the dedication or patience to do this, but I can appreciate the love that goes into every little stitch. We are quilting a whole cloth quilt at church. We only quilt once a week, so it has been in the frame since June!

15. audrey says:

Beautiful work! Making good progress too!

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )