More on the whole cloth quilt

I had some time to do a little more on the whole cloth quilt.   I am filing in the grid work , here is the start of that.

Much more to go but I thought you might like to see the plan.

22 thoughts on “More on the whole cloth quilt

1. Trina Schellhammer says:

Truly amazing, Tim. It’s getting me really excited to start mine. Always an inspiration. I don’t think I read what the size of this quilt is?

2. This is absolutely amazing. I love cross hatching, and tiny cross hatching is even better!

3. adaisygarden says:

Wow, it’s so beautiful. So elegant. The white really makes the quilting stand out.

4. Cathi says:

When you’ve finished this one, I hope you’re insuring it and documenting it and then eventually offering it to a museum! It is definitely an heirloom piece, I think!

Thanks Cathi
      I always get an insurance appraisal on my quilts when they are done…..and I have been thinking about what might happen to them one day when I am gone….I do think I might see if a museum would be interested

5. Laura Gottlieb says:

Lovely!

6. It is so inspirational to follow you work on this quilt. One day I will do a wholecloth quilt too.

It took me almost 6 years of talking about doing a whole cloth quilt before I started this one…..something just told me the time was right now….I dont think I would have been able to do it before it “felt right”

7. tdwjohnson says:

It is a work of art, Tim!

This is bloody amazing, Tim. Quilt chills.

9. Marilene says:

this is amazing

10. the quilting is fabulous and so is the photography. I won an award in the Festival of quilts in the UK for one of my hand quilted wholecloths but I never did manage to take any decent close ups of the stitches. I love wholecloths and yours is exquisite

11. Frankie Jean Mullinax says:

What fabric did you use for your whole cloth and what is the size?

it is 2 widths of fabric (44inches) and finished size is 84 inches square, the top is a vintage white cotton fabric so I dont know the brand, and the backing is a single piece of extra wide batik fabricc

Comments