Cheddar piecing

Remember these Cheddar blocks?

2012_013112-2-120001

I decided to take a break from quilting for a while and work on getting these antique blocks pieced together.  I have half of them together.  when I get them all pieced I will add a border and I will be one step closer to another quilt.

Here are some pictures of the progress and some close-ups of the great fabrics!  I love the secondary pattern that the cheddar and muslin create. (click to enlarge)

19 thoughts on “Cheddar piecing

1. njquilter24 says:

I just really LOVE this quilt, beautiful and your hand quilting is going to make it an heirloom for sure.
    looks wonderful keep going!
    kathie

2. Linda Vaughn says:

LOVE this. Can’t wait to see this one quilted!! I bought a top on ebay that was cheddar and brown and blue..wish you were here to quilt it!

3. Cathi says:

I love the secondary pattern thats showing up — this is going to be a beautiful quilt when you’re finished.
    Do you hand piece or machine piece the blocks together?

I love this quilt! Do you know what the pattern is called, if it has a name?

5. Sandi says:

This is going to be a beautiful quilt. I love the colors! Congrats on your Tree quilts.

6. Barbara Clarke says:

What a great quilt. I love the graphic look as well as the colors. I guess I’m going to put this on my “Copy Tim’s Quilts To Do List”, I just finished piecing the pyramid quilt with yours as my inspiration. It’s next in line to be hand quilted even though I machine pieced it.

7. Lynne Latimer Williams says:

Tim,,, this is a fantastic quilt. I found something very similar to the block in Barbara Brackman’s Encyclopedia. With creative license, it could be changed to be your block. Check out #3756, page 455. Called Grandma’s Brooch.

8. mehitabel says:

I love the way the small component blocks disappear into the whole overall pattern! Every time I look at the pictures, I see a different arrangement–in some photos, the cheddar stands out as the focal point; in others, it’s the printed “wheels” that seem to feature. I’m sure that somewhere, there’s a quilter looking over your shoulder approvingly!

9. Siobhan says:

So what are you thinking for the border? I so love this quilt…glad to see it coming together!

I have to dig through the pile of “extra” farbic and see what I have…I am not sure what will inspire me….but when I get the blocks all together I will start trying out options

Comments

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )