The Quilt Inspector

The Quilt Inspector felt that he needed to have his picture taken and posted today.  He wanted everyone to know that he is still on the job.  Today He had to test out the whole cloth quilt.

whole cloth update 027 whole cloth update 024 whole cloth update 021

His approval of a quilt requires sitting on it. Now that he has had a chance to sit on it I think he approves and I can take a break from this one. I plan to try to get back to the quilt on the frame for a bit.

whole cloth update 015 whole cloth update 016 whole cloth update 017

Here are pictures of the whole cloth without Teddy (click to enlarge)

28 thoughts on “The Quilt Inspector

1. bzboop says:

Stunning. Teddy needs some specs sitting on his “forehead” and a little badge, what do you think?

2. Sue says:

Aww. Teddy is so adorable and the quilt makes a wonderful backdrop for his photos 🙂 He kind of sits there as if to say, “I know I’m darn cute”!

Love the Baptist fans you are doing.

3. karen says:

how are you doing quilting at the frame – do you find it is taking awhile to get used to it and do you like it?

I think it is going to work….but I have not put in the time to really learn it, but that is my plan for the rest of the week….It is so different than working in a hoop but I think I will learn to adapt, I just need to work on it for a while and practice!

4. You do such beautiful work! I’m curious what kind of thimble is that? And also what brand of quilt batting do you use?

It’s good to see that Teddy takes his job seriously!
    Remember, he might not like it when you work on the other quilt!

6. njquilter24 says:

glad that Teddy is doing his job!
    I love this quilt just so beautiful
    the baptist fans fits that quilt perfectly.
    love seeing your working on the frame as much as I would love one don’t think I could ever be comfortable quilting in many different directions….but like anything I guess its what you get used to.
    beautiful hand quilting pictures, always inspiring
    thanks Tim!
    Kathie

it is so strange to work on the frame and I have to learn to go in different directions….this quilt is a good learning project because the fans dont have to be accurate!…some day I might be able to be accurate on the frame but for now it is a real struggle

7. adaisygarden says:

It looks like a celebrity photo shoot to me! It’s amazing to me how the fans on the quilt (on the frame) add so much movement and life to the quilt.

he thinks he is a celebrity! LOL…..I do like the way the fans are looking…..and it is a big surprise to me , I have never liked them, but now that I am doing it I get it

8. Gaye Ingram says:

Maybe TEDDY doesn’t like the frame. That might be the relevant question: does Teddy like the frame? I so admire the use of fan quilting against geometric pieced pattern. Beautiful.

I am sure that he does not like the frame….at least he would prefer me to be at the hoop. I am in hopes that he will learn to adjust…I like to pretend that I am in charge of him and not the other way around, but he knows better

9. Janet O'Dell says:

Beautiful quilting as always Tim – and Teddy doing his job when he knows you need a break. Time for walkies………..

10. Byrd says:

That first photo is gorgeous! Did Teddy wash his paws before posing? Take care, Byrd

11. Cutest quilt inspector in blogland.

I feel much better knowing Teddy is on the job — who knows what shenanigans you would get up to if he were not rigorously inspecting the premises and production. I think the solution for the Teddy vs. The Frame face-off is to fashion a pedestal for Teddy on a wall above and facing over the frame. This would accomplish two things: one, Teddy would literally be on a pedestal, a position I know he would feel worthy of and take to naturally, and two, he could inspect you and the frame at all times during the quilting session, calming his nerves because nothing untoward would be going on out of his sight..

I think I solved the problem….I moved a chair next to the frame for him, he can sit there and see me and also look out the window, and he was happy to be there today, mostly he just took naps

• Kristen says:

That’s good. And naps are good. No one ever said he had to work full time, just spot inspection.

13. Martyne Bailey says:

He is a very efficient Quilt Inspector!

Sent from my iPhone