This and That

I wonder if I am the only one who has so many things started at once.  Look at this chair! ( all works on progress)

to-do- 001

and this pile of vintage tops waiting for me

to-do- 009

I was getting ready to do some work on the frame.  Here are a few pictures of the quilting on that.

to-do- 002 to-do- 003 to-do- 004

But I couldn’t help myself….I had to look at some of the projects in waiting. (click pictures to enlarge)

I have these blocks that I need to make into a top.

to-do- 005 to-do- 006 to-do- 007 to-do- 008

And I have these high on the list!

to-do- 012

in yet another pile of to-do

to-do- 010

I have this 4 patch that I want to finish …all the parts are there just need to get piecing.

to-do- 013 to-do- 014 to-do- 015 to-do- 016

I found this great fabric.  I need to decide what to do with it

to-do- 017 to-do- 018

I love these blocks because of the great variety of fabrics!

to-do- 019

here are more pictures, and you can see how they go together (click to enlarge)

Teddy thinks I am crazy when I start digging through my treasures, he just gets out of the way and looks.

to-do- 027 to-do- 030

Now I do need to get some work done…these things don’t ever seem to finish themselves.

27 thoughts on “This and That

1. karen says:

looks like it might be time to stop purchasing tops for awhile and get the quilting done 🙂 I have too many things going right now too!

2. Pam Gardner says:

Tim-I adore fabric and quilts but my to do piles are more of the yarn and knitting variety! I do sympathize. So much to do….so little time……

I am glad that for now I have not branched out into knitting….that could be dangerous…and create even more piles…but I have always wanted to learn knitting

• Gretchen McClain says:

If you do get into knitting someday, go right for yarns of plant and animal fibers. Don’ even bother with acrylics. I am in the process of knitting an afghan to use up all my acrylic yarns, then I’ll donate the afghan AND the rest of my acrylic yarns. Wool, alpaca, and mohair are luxurious to work with and provide an outstanding project when completed. Take it from one who knows. But, I still can’t knit and quilt at the same time. Sew much fun! Gretchen in PA

3. Linda says:

Oh, yeah, I have piles like yours, too! I know how easy it is to get paralyzed by ‘things to do’ and choosing what to work on. (sigh)

I really, really like how the arcs of quilting look against that linear patchwork design on your frame! I am not a hand quilter (too hard on my hands and takes too long:) – but that kind of ‘missionary’ quilting i sone thing I regret losing out on as a machine quilter. It is so effective on so many designs.

I, personally, like the black background pointy patchwork block pile you have for a next project …. but, really, the task for you is to pick ONE thing to work on and get started. Alternate one new project with one that is on-going and you might actually accomplish finishes. 🙂

Linda

Finishes aren’t a problem….I do about 12 hand quilted quilts in a year….I guess it is just my nature to work on several things at once….they get done, but it makes a mess

4. Mary Britton says:

Your chair looks about like mine, but my stack of unfinished quilts is dwindling. I love the red and blue floral fabric. If you can’t figure out something to do with it you could always send it my way! LOL!

Time to put all of our names in a hat and pick a name and pick a quilt top and post the winners! If you do that about 100 times, your pile will dwindle down and the stress will go away and you will make so many people happy! We’ll even pay the postage! Then you can get on ebay again and load up the hoarding, I mean collection! 🙂

6. ginny says:

OK, you win!!!! Hands down.. I thought I had a lot. Love the crazy stars. Would put them on an “ugly top”…. You are going to have to raise up in your casket and say “But wait, I’m not finished yet !!!”

7. audrey says:

You do have an enormous stack of ufo’s but wow! Such incredible projects to look forward too! I don’t know how you sleep with so much potential zinging around in your head.:)

I never am at a loss for what to do that is for sure…but so far it has not keep me from sleeping 🙂 …But I am always thinking about the next one…and the one after that

8. Lisa says:

Your fan quilting is looking really nice! Just look at that sweet little Teddy! Love that first picture.

9. Ann says:

Tim it is so nice to see other stitchers are in the same boat. To my quilting UFO’s I then add, tapestry, cross stitch, stump work, embroidery, knitting and crochet!!!!! Oh dear…..still a lot of fun!!!!

10. Sharon Eshlaman says:

What fabulous piles of quilts! I’m glad I looked as your piles make mine look tiny. That makes me feel good. I think it may be time for you to ask Teddy to lend a hand or two 🙂 I just love your little furry friend. Keep quilting – wonderful work you do.

11. So glad to see I’m not the only crazy one with a million projects on the go!! Take heart Tim, you’re not alone! Love seeing all your bits and pieces.

12. Tim this shows your a true quilter in mho!!!! one never works on just one project, Lucky for you though you finish a lot of quilts each year and hand quilt them, now thats impressive!
    keep doing what your doing it will all work out when you look back at the year and you had FUN!
    kathie

13. My pile is just as big (maybe bigger) but I’m not as fast as you. Keep going, if nothing else to keep up my mojo for progress.

Comments